Manager, Fraud Prevention
YDesign Group, LLC is seeking an experienced professional with functional knowledge of consumer fraud and a passion and commitment to service excellence in the role of Manager, Fraud Prevention. This leader will supervise a team of Fraud Prevention Analysts in fraud prevention/risk management while also managing anti-fraud strategies, with efforts focused on detection and prevention.
The successful candidate will be responsible for creating the strategy, policies and procedures required to mitigate payment transaction risk while ensuring a positive experience for our customers. The Manager, Fraud Prevention will build visibility into fraud activity for the business, and work with various stakeholders to train them on fraud identification and prevention.
• Along with a team of direct reports, the Manager, Fraud Prevention will actively monitor and process order exceptions, conduct fraud reviews of non-exception or released orders to identify patterns and find fraudulent orders before product shipment, and report active chargebacks + liabilities.
• Researches, documents, and implements best practices in the industry with regard to fraud prevention.
• Develop and continuously tune & enhance fraud prevention policies and procedures in line with emerging trends.
• Produce effective analytics to track trends and mitigate fraud losses.
• Ensure policies, procedures and controls mitigate false positives and true negatives.
• Train, and lead a team of analysts supporting fraud prevention efforts.
• Train other teams (Customer Service/Sales) in appropriate fraud mitigation practices.
• Represent the company to vendors and payment processors.
• Document and report on fraud and chargeback trends to business leaders and ensure appropriate calls to action are taken.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in consumer fraud mitigation in an online environment.
• Previous experience with systems and software used to both detect and prevent fraudulent activity.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze risk patterns and develop initiatives, policies, procedures and controls to reduce fraud rates while mitigating false positives and true negatives.
• In depth understanding of payment processing (credit card, ACH).
• Highly analytical with excellent quantitative, written and presentation skills.
• Experience and success managing a team.
• Ability to manage projects and programs effectively.
• Ability to pivot between strategic goals and hands-on tasks.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
• Bachelor’s degree required.