Assistant Site Merchandiser, YBrands
Reports to: Director of Merchandising
The Assistant Site Merchandiser is part of the Merchandising team and works closely with Merchandising and Marketing, to support the Site Merchandiser in merchandising and sorting products for product result pages across the site, including department pages, feature assortment pages and promotional event pages.
The Assistant Site Merchandiser is also accountable for the timely execution and maintenance of promotions. This includes (but is not limited to) promotions entry in our various systems, assignment of the products to the corresponding web categories and the QA on the site.
1. Site Merchandising of Sales Events. This includes but not limited to:
• Responsible for accurately tracking/managing and setting up promotions in internal systems in support of both consumer and trade websites.
• Enter and monitor backend vendor discounts in internal systems.
• Communicate with the merchant team on deadlines and priorities to meet the promotional deadlines.
• Take the lead between Merchandising and Marketing on all promotional set up issues/updates/new process refinements.
• Support Marketing campaigns and Site Merchandiser in the planning, execution and management of product assignment to various sale and category folders within our ecommerce system.
• QA the consumer and trade sites to validate accuracy of product assortment, pricing, discount and sale messaging.
2. Maintain and improve processes as needed to ensure efficient, timely and accurate promotion execution.
3. Support Site Merchandiser to drive and execute:
• Enhance shop-ability of product result pages through product merchandising across the site
• Enhance new product visibility across the site (sorting, thumbnail updates, brand landing pages, What’s New Page…).
• Assort feature/content pages while maintaining a consistent look and feel throughout all content pages.
• Work with the Marketing team to provide input on the quality of sort order across the site.
4. Support Merchandising Team:
• Review competitive sites for visual merchandising opportunities.
• Monitor and refresh needs for categories, sub-categories, feature pages and brand pages when time allows.
• Participate in cross functional special projects as needed.
Key Performance Metrics:
• Accuracy of execution of assignment of products to sales web categories and backend discounts
• Exemplify YDesign Group core values
• Stringent eye for detail
• Results focused, can handle multiple projects and priorities
• Understanding of online shopping / e-commerce
• Technology/tool savvy
• Resourceful and self-driven with strong work ethic
• Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
• Scrappy – get things done within the constraints of a growing business
• Loves design and has passion about being part of this company
• Willingness to learn in a rapidly growing environment
• 1-2 years data entry experience
• Advanced in Microsoft Excel
• Moderately physical in that the activities performed are of an administrative nature
• Occasionally be required to lift up to 25 pounds
• This position is in a well-lighted, heated and air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation
• The noise level exposure is moderate in that it functions in an open office setting with computers and printers with light traffic