YDesign Group is seeking a Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) to join our Sacramento, CA team. This is a highly outward-facing role requiring exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, and top-notch critical thinking skills. Reporting to the Vice President of Human Resources, the HRBP serves as a resource to team member, managers and business leaders on human resources related issues. The HRBP formulates partnerships across the organization to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The desired candidate proactively engages with business leaders providing coaching and guidance to support our people strategy and their business objectives.
• Manages all HR administrative functions for the company’s three Sacramento locations as well as the remote based employee population
• Serves as program lead for various HR and corporate initiatives
• Provides expert counsel and coaching to business leaders, managers and employees on HR programs, policies and procedures, complex employee relations issues and performance management
• Supports our team in key areas such as new hire orientation, onboarding/offboarding, and special projects.
• Facilitate effective communication between employees and managers to support employee engagement
• Implements HR programs such as learning and development, performance management, and employee engagement
• Serves as a point of contact for HR inquiries from employees
• Supports recruiting efforts, including working with business leaders to anticipate staffing needs, managing the recruiting process and ensuring a positive onboarding experience
• Identifies training needs for business units and individual coaching needs
• Occasional travel (1x per month) to our Walnut Creek, CA headquarters
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and a minimum of 5+ years of experience in a similar role
• Experience managing employee relations matters and coaching managers on appropriate course of action
• Depth of knowledge in federal and California employment/labor law
• Proficient in leave absence administration, and workplace accommodations
• Knowledge and proficiency with a HRIS and applicant tracking systems
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Power Point, Word, and Excel including pivot table & VLookup
• Experience with ADP WorkforceNow a plus
• Experience in a retail or ecommerce environment a plus
• Experience working in a call center environment a plus
• Passion for employee engagement
• High level of integrity and able to manage confidential information
• Strong communication skills with the ability to give and receive open and constructive feedback
• Flexibility and adaptability to manage multiple projects
• Ability to balance role as both an employee advocate and partner to the business
• Strong analytical skills with attention to detail, documentation and accuracy
• Demonstrated self-starter with strong service orientation and project management skills
• Comfortable and adept at facilitating training
About YDesign Group
YDesign Group is an online-led retailer offering the best in modern and contemporary lighting and furnishings to design driven consumers and trade professionals. Our extensive, yet carefully curated selection ranges from iconic mid-century designs to today’s most innovative products.
Founded in 2001, YDesign Group’s YLighting is the leading design-driven modern and contemporary lighting retailer in North America, offering more than 15,000 of the top domestic and international product designs. In 2016, YDesign Group acquired Lumens, whose goal is to be the best place to shop for lighting, fans, modern furniture and accessories for people who love modern design.
Headquartered in Walnut Creek, CA, YDesign Group brands serve design savvy consumers and trade professionals through its websites, sales team, catalog, and showroom in Sacramento, CA.
YDesign Group inspires customers to confidently fulfill their interior design visions by providing them an incomparable experience: a combination of products, advice, inspiration, site design, and services that no retailer can match.