YDesign Group is a family of online-led retail brands offering the best in modern and contemporary lighting, fans, furniture and home décor accessories to design-driven consumers and trade professionals.
Our flagship brand YLighting launched in 2001 and is the foremost modern lighting retailer in North America. Our selection is expansive, but curated to offer the best in the industry, from top international brands, to emerging studios to iconic names in design. In 2016, YDesign Group acquired Lumens, a leading multi-channel retail brand in lighting, modern furniture, and home décor accessories. Together, the YDesign Group retail brands bring an unparalleled selection of modern design for retail consumers and trade professionals.
Our difference is our commitment to an incomparable customer experience, including expert advice from our in-house team of professionals, plus service, support, and inspiration throughout our customers’ projects.
Check us out here:
The Assistant Merchandise Manager will work closely with the Sr. Merchandise Manager or Director of Merchandising – in a key merchant role that will contribute to the department’s success by overseeing data entry, assortment and pricing management, and the day-to-day business needs within their product category. The Assistant Merchandise Manager will assist in the core Merchandising tasks of managing Vendor Brand pricing and product assortments, maintaining accurate foundational data, and executing assigned duties within our systems: Promotion entry, Vendor Record maintenance, Marketing execution and Reporting.
Our ideal candidate is a highly effective communicator, meticulously organized, and has a passion for online retail and design home furnishings.
1. Product Assortment and Management
• Manage entering new product launch data and content updates in the Publishing Queue for the department
• Partner with the Product Content team and Merchandise Manager or Director of Merchandising to ensure website accuracy on all Product Detail Pages
• Enter pricing and other data update projects in Data Maintenance queue, and ensure accurate and timely execution by Data Maintenance team
• Assort feature/content pages and sub-categories while maintaining a consistent look and feel throughout all content pages as needed at the direction of Merchandise Manager or Director of Merchandising
• Train with Product Content Manager on Publishing process to assist the Merchant team when publishing emergencies arise (ad hoc product publishing)
2. Marketing and Website Experience
• Accurately track/manage and set up front-end and back-end promotions in internal systems.
• Support Marketing campaigns in the planning, execution, and management of price promotions within our ecommerce system, in partnership with the Merchandise Specialist as needed
• QA the consumer and trade sites to validate accuracy of product assortment, pricing, discount, and sale messaging, in partnership with the Merchandise Specialist and Marketing team as needed
• Maintain quarterly Competition analysis spreadsheet for the department
• Partner with Planning Team as needed to produce performance reports including the Monthly Business Review and on an ad hoc basis at the direction of the Merchandise Manager or Director of Merchandising
3. Brand Management Assistance
• Be the point person for vendors and cross-functional partners to verify product data, pricing discrepancies, follow up on issues for the department
• Process and update vendor and vendor brand information and updates into NetSuite/PIM for the department
• Develop industry and product category knowledge by staying current with trends and competition
• Help proof and QA all Catalog data for accurate pricing and product information, as needed
• Produce reports on an ad hoc basis at the direction of the Merchandise Manager or Director of Merchandising
• Prepare agendas, reports, and scorecards for partner brands for department
• Assist Merchandise Manager or Director of Merchandising in special projects to meet deadlines
Key Performance Metrics:
• Meet agreed upon assigned Vendor Brands revenue, gross margin targets and variable contribution goal
• Exemplify our Core Values
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (advanced Excel skills preferred)
• Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
• Results focused, can handle multiple projects and priorities
• Communicates well verbally and in writing
• Ability to work independently and in teams
• Resourceful and self-driven with strong work ethic
• Scrappy – get things done within the constraints of a growing business
• Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
• Willingness to learn in a rapidly growing environment
• Loves design and has passion about being part of this company
• 1-2 years of relevant professional or administrative experience
• Retail/merchandising experience preferred
• Internet & rapidly growing environment experience a plus
• BA required