Assistant Merchandise Manager
The Assistant Merchandise Manager works closely with the Merchandise Manager or Director of Merchandising – defining and driving assortment and vendor related business plans within their product category. He/she will assist to set a compelling assortment strategy, recruit and onboard vendors and manage these vendor relationships to meet revenue and contribution goals. The Assistant Merchandise Manager will work with their Product Content team to drive the creation of compelling Product, Brand and Collection content and with the Site Merchandising team to ensure best customer experience on the site and targeted conversion.
1. Brand Management
• Monitor financial performance to grow revenue and improve vendor performance — inclusive of marketing and inventory management recommendations – to meet financial sales and margin targets.
• Oversee execution of vendor exclusive promotions and site-specific marketing at the direction of the Merchandise Manager or Director of Merchandising.
• Be the point person for vendors and internal customer (CS, Sales Team, …) to verify product data, follow up on issues, and field questions relating to shipping, customer service, operations, invoicing, etc.
• Process and update vendor information and updates into NetSuite/YCS.
• Deliver on the brand’s monthly, quarterly and annual priorities.
• Coordinate and inform other functions of vendor and product assortment updates.
• Assist in special projects to meet deadlines.
2. Marketing and Website Experience
• Support marketing of owned categories by developing and driving optimized execution of marketing promotional calendar + events.
• Support and coordinate the Marketing and Site Merchandising of exclusive events, product launches and limited releases (exclusive to Y branded sites)
• Gain knowledge of customer, partners and industry.
• Participate in projects to improve our content management and merchandising processes and tools.
3. Reports & Analytics
• Produce and analyze reports on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to review overall business at a site, brand, category and sub-category level.
• Produce reports on an ad hoc basis at the direction of the Merchandise Manager.
• Prepare agendas, reports and scorecards for partner brands as needed.
Key Performance Metrics:
• Meet agreed upon category revenue and gross margin targets
• Exemplify our Core Values
• Results focused, can handle multiple projects and priorities
• Communicates well verbally and in writing
• Analytical and intellectually curious
• Ability to work independently and in teams
• Resourceful and self-driven with strong work ethic
• Scrappy – get things done within the constraints of a growing business
• Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
• Understanding of online shopping / e-commerce a plus
• Willingness to learn in a rapidly growing environment
• Loves design and has passion about being part of this company
• 2 to 3 years of Buying and/or Merchandising experience in an e-commerce or multi-channel specialty retailer. Internet & rapidly growing environment experience a plus.
• Experience in Vendor management a plus.