YDesign Group is a family of online-led retail brands offering the best in modern and contemporary lighting, fans, furniture and home décor accessories to design-driven consumers and trade professionals.
Our flagship brand YLighting launched in 2001 and is the foremost modern lighting retailer in North America. Our selection is expansive, but curated to offer the best in the industry, from top international brands, to emerging studios to iconic names in design. In 2016, YDesign Group acquired Lumens, a leading multi-channel retail brand in lighting, modern furniture and home décor accessories. Together, the YDesign Group retail brands bring an unparalleled selection of modern design for retail consumers and trade professionals.
Our difference is our commitment to an incomparable customer experience, including expert advice from our in-house team of professionals, plus service, support and inspiration throughout our customers’ projects.
Check us out here:
We are seeking a Consumer Sales Representative with experience in a contact center environment to join our continuously growing team here at YdesignGroup!
Generating sales helps our business grow and you will help us achieve continued growth by providing exceptional customer service to drive sales. As an Inside Sales Representative you are consulting new and existing customers via inbound calls, chats and emails that are driven by our promotion communications. A successful Inside Sales Representative is ambitious, goal-oriented and has the ability to multitask. Our Consumer Sales Representatives are strong listeners who assist and or create personalized solutions for customers over the phone. Our Consumer Sales Representatives are go getters, deal makers and overachievers.
o Receives inbound calls, including transferred sales leads and calls, from current and potential customers
o Receives inbound chats, including transferred sales chats, from current and potential customers
o Places outbound calls for follow up on existing proposals and leads
o Responds to sales lead emails and creates proposals for later follow up
o Closely manages sales pipeline and follows up regularly to optimize close rate
o Confidently answers wide range of product questions
o Understands pricing policies to determine appropriate discount levels
o Stays informed of upcoming and current promotions
o Attends weekly training sessions to build product knowledge and vendor awareness
o Identifies and transfers Trade prospects and customers in accordance with protocol
o Understands cancellation, return and replacement procedures/protocol
o Understands and answers questions about logistics and company policies
o Performs basic account maintenance as needed
Key Performance Metrics
• Monthly Sales Quota
• Minimum two years of applicable sales experience
• Lighting knowledge is preferred
• Experience with CRM systems (NetSuite, Salesforce, etc.)
• Understanding of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
• Ability to multi-task, set priorities and manage time effectively
• Able to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to change within a fast-paced call center environment
• Must possess and be able to demonstrate strong influencing and closing skills
• Professional and friendly attitude with the ability to quickly develop rapport with customers, colleagues
• Strong work ethic, welcomes challenges
• Ability to adapt in fast-paced and growing company
• Excellent listening skills and the ability to ask questions, understand concerns, and overcome objections