Lumens and YLighting comprise the YDesign Group family of online-led retail brands offering the best in modern and contemporary lighting, furniture, fans and home décor accessories to design-driven consumers and trade professionals.
Lumens.com, launched in 2004, is a leading online retail brand in lighting, modern furniture and home décor accessories. YLighting.com launched in 2001 and is the foremost modern lighting retailer in North America. Through both sites, our brands bring an unparalleled selection of modern design for retail consumers and trade professionals and have established YDesign Group as an ecommerce pioneer and leader in lighting and mid-market and luxury home goods.
Today, YDesign Group is a high-growth, innovative company at the forefront of good design. We’re looking for top talent with a shared vision around bringing the world’s best design products to discerning customers while seizing the opportunity to make a difference and impact the direction of the company. We are obsessed with our customers, play to win and believe in a great today and even better tomorrow. The future is bright at Lumens and YLighting.
Check us out here:
The Customer Service Representative will assist clients with their orders. This includes inquiries about order status, shipping information, product details, damages, and returns. The role also communicates directly with our vendors and inside sales team regarding all aspects of clients’ orders. Shifts for this role are Monday- Friday between the hours of 6am-5pm and Saturday 7am- 3:30pm. Benefits include 15 days of PTO, Holidays, and Sick days.
YDesign Group distinguishes itself by having the best sales and service team in the space. So, the ideal candidate is a proven winner and can establish themselves as a leader with the current team of strong performers. This candidate has a proven track record of providing superior customer service, great attention to detail, has a strong work ethic and lead from the front mentality.
• Fulfill customer inquiries via phone/email such as inventory/stock levels, order status, claims/returns, product details, and assembly issues
• Enter orders for customers, including billing info
• Work with inside sales team on existing and new orders, shipping quotes, returns, and other customer issues
• Communicate with vendors about lead times, back orders, product details, claims/returns/credits
• Other projects and tasks as needed
• Enter drop ship orders on vendor’s websites
• Use shipper software such as UPS Quantum View, and World ship
• BA/BS or at least 2 years of relevant high-end retail or customer service experience
• Home Furnishings, Lighting and/or Design Experience a Plus
• Proven record for being self-driven, fast learning, and resourceful
• Ability to successfully manage several details at once
• Command of Windows, MS Office, multiple web browsers
• Ability to quickly learn new computer systems/programs
Key Performance Metrics:
• Ability to keep pace in fast growing company
• Attention to detail
• Complete all tasks in a thorough and time efficient manner
• Comfortable on the phone
• Comfortable multi-tasking across multiple software applications
• Self-Driven with Strong Work Ethic
• Highly organized
• Professional demeanor on the phone and email to vendors and customers
• Friendly, yet persuasive communication approach
• Knowledge of logistics
• Moderately physical in that the activities performed are of an administrative nature
• Occasionally be required to lift up to 25 pounds
• The noise level exposure is moderate in that it functions in an open office setting with computers and printers with light traffic
Location: Sacramento, CA
Compensation: Competitive Base Salary
Benefits: access to health benefits + 401K + 3 weeks annual paid time off