YDesign Group is a family of online-led retail brands offering the best in modern and contemporary lighting, fans, furniture and home décor accessories to design-driven consumers and trade professionals.
Our flagship brand YLighting launched in 2001 and is the foremost modern lighting retailer in North America. Our selection is expansive, but curated to offer the best in the industry, from top international brands, to emerging studios to iconic names in design. In 2016, YDesign Group acquired Lumens, a leading multi-channel retail brand in lighting, modern furniture, and home décor accessories. Together, the YDesign Group retail brands bring an unparalleled selection of modern design for retail consumers and trade professionals.
Our difference is our commitment to an incomparable customer experience, including expert advice from our in-house team of professionals, plus service, support, and inspiration throughout our customers’ projects.
Check us out here:
This is a new role, creating a unique opportunity for the right candidate to participate in the creation of the goals, content, and program framework.
The ideal candidate is passionate about customers, curious to continuously identify service and sales best practices and dedicated to creating content and programs to empower our team members to provide exceptional service to
• Collaborate with leadership team and research best practices to define service and sales training needs
• Learn business processes, products, and customer specific expectations to create appropriate content and programs
• Leverage existing tools while identifying additional tools and resources to build a best in class training curriculum for in person and digital delivery.
• Set short- and long-term goals for training program
• Design intuitive learning content for independent and facilitated learning
• Facilitate virtual and classroom trainings as needed, including new hire, service skills and product trainings.
• Create individual and team learning plans with tracking and recognition to ensure participation, comprehension, and skill mastery
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
• At least 5 years training experience
• Knowledge of training methodologies and adult educational theories
• Proficient in eLearning development tools and instructional design
• Skilled in virtual and classroom facilitation
• Self-driven to identify priorities, plan work and drive projects to execution with little direction
• Strong verbal and written communication and follow up skills
• Excellent people skills: relationship building, negotiation and collaboration in a cross-functional team comprised of diverse personalities, skills set and levels of experience
• Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills conducive to collaboration.
• Understanding of customer service, sales, call center and logistics best practices
• Strong PC skills: Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, video and audio software, and Adobe programs.
Location: Sacramento, CA
Compensation: Competitive base salary
Benefits: access to health benefits + 401K + 3 weeks annual paid time off