YDesign Group is a family of online-led retail brands offering the best in modern and contemporary lighting, fans, furniture and home décor accessories to design-driven consumers and trade professionals.
Our flagship brand YLighting launched in 2001 and is the foremost modern lighting retailer in North America. Our selection is expansive, but curated to offer the best in the industry, from top international brands, to emerging studios to iconic names in design. In 2016, YDesign Group acquired Lumens, a leading multi-channel retail brand in lighting, modern furniture and home décor accessories. Together, the YDesign Group retail brands bring an unparalleled selection of modern design for retail consumers and trade professionals.
Our difference is our commitment to an incomparable customer experience, including expert advice from our in-house team of professionals, plus service, support and inspiration throughout our customers’ projects.
Check us out here:
YDesign Group is seeking a design-driven, visual and written storyteller with a customer-first mindset to lead our brand marketing and content efforts across social, print, catalog, PR, and blog with an advisory role to other channels (email and site content strategy). This is an opportunity to quickly make an impact, be visible to the C-suite leadership and take on a new challenge at an exciting time at YDesign Group.
Located in Sacramento, CA and reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, the Director, Brand Marketing role will be a hands-on, team first leader who will enhance our brand positioning and differentiation, build awareness of our brands and offerings, and strengthen integrated marketing programs in key channels.
• Develop and lead a best in class marketing team that can scale the business
• Enhance brand differentiation between brands by ensuring they are distinct and compelling through voice, editorial, messaging framework, visual marketing elements, etc.
• Define customer value propositions by segment (contract, trade, consumer) and educate key internal stakeholders of distinctions
• Be the brand champion when working across cross-functional teams, e.g. performance marketing, site experience, trade and other departments, to ensure distinct, on-brand communications and marketing campaigns
• Lead annual editorial and content planning for both brands, making real-time adjustments as needed
• Oversee content development for Ideas & Inspiration (blog, articles); measure engagement and ROI
• Drive meaningful brand engagement on key social channels, as measured by user-generated content, traffic and engagement
• Develop and manage print advertising campaigns, including brand and creative strategy and measurement. Proactively work with publications to expand on opportunities for brand awareness as part of our paid media spend
• Build a PR strategy and program across print, digital and influencer campaigns to increase brand awareness
• Develop and manage catalog creative production, working closely with the merchandising team on assortment, and using data and insights to drive pagination, features and testing
• Carefully manage the budget for brand marketing programs
• Embrace new best practices and build a continuous improvement culture.
The ideal candidate:
The ideal candidate will be a brand builder and storyteller who will drive differentiation between our brands and clearly articulate our value proposition to our customers. S/he will have the ability to use customer insights to develop a compelling content strategy, to be deployed across various touchpoints including social, blog/articles, PR, print and catalog with input into other channels. S/he will develop and monitor engagement and ROI metrics and will work closely with the SEO team to target relevant, high-value topics and keywords. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years of experience leading strategy and execution across integrated marketing campaigns.
Leadership and Talent Management:
• Strong team player who can develop, mentor, and support a diverse, highly talented, engaged team
• Leads and influences others in a positive manner
• Influences business partners to better understand the customer experience within the department and enterprise-wide
• Inspires team members to innovate, take risks and continue to improve the quality and value of the work provided to both internal and external customers
• Builds relationships to align efforts with internal business partners
• Obsessed with customers and getting it right for them
• Innovative thinker who balances creativity with driving business results
• Comfortable managing ambiguity, change and multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Remains calm under pressure; comfortable addressing difficult situations
• Works both strategically and hands-on
• Possesses proven organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and manage competing demands
• Delivers against business goals, establishes strategy and objectives, and leads team to execute marketing plans
• Demonstrates strong critical thinking with urgency and problem-solving skills
• Approaches tasks with optimism and a forward-thinking approach
• Willing to take strategic risks deployed via tests with structured metrics to continuously improve the program and find new wins
Minimum Educational/Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or related field, or equivalent combination of experience and education
• Minimum 10 years brand and/or integrated marketing experience in high-growth companies; experience with high-end, niche, or design-driven markets such as lighting or home furnishings a plus
• Experience developing and implementing brand and content strategies across various channels (i.e. social, blog / articles, PR, print, catalog)
• Strong oral, written and visual communication skills
• Consumer and Prosumer marketing experience. B2B experience a plus
• Industry experience: online retail, luxury retail, furnishings