YDesign Group is a family of online-led retail brands offering the best in modern and contemporary lighting, fans, furniture and home décor accessories to design-driven consumers and trade professionals.
Our flagship brand YLighting launched in 2001 and is the foremost modern lighting retailer in North America. Our selection is expansive, but curated to offer the best in the industry, from top international brands, to emerging studios to iconic names in design. In 2016, YDesign Group acquired Lumens, a leading multi-channel retail brand in lighting, modern furniture, and home décor accessories. Together, the YDesign Group retail brands bring an unparalleled selection of modern design for retail consumers and trade professionals.
Our difference is our commitment to an incomparable customer experience, including expert advice from our in-house team of professionals, plus service, support, and inspiration throughout our customers’ projects.
Check us out here:
YDG is entering a new phase of innovation, with growth and innovation as the core pillars of this new period of scale. By elevating our brand position, building a community for our architect and designer customers, and bringing the best of European and worldwide design products to the US, we hope to become the largest provider of design products for all home categories, and the US reference point for design.
As a performance business, data– how it’s collected, manipulated, and analyzed – will play a significant role in this next phase of growth. Accordingly, we are looking for a seasoned data leader with strong analytics and technical capabilities to provide analytics and data-driven thought leadership to tackle the challenging business opportunities that are ahead. This leader will support the current revenue / growth leaders at YDG (CMO and VP of B2B) by producing analytics and insights, developing predictive modeling, automating process through data and other exciting technical needs that support their key business needs and strategic questions.
The right leader for this role is passionate about analytics and driven to create value by using data to solve problems and advise on strategic questions posed by the line of business. This is a new role, reporting directly to the first-line leaders of YDG’s P&L consumer (CMO) and b2b lines (VP of B2B), working cross-functionally with a central analytics function to produce reports and execute analytical initiatives. This is a leader who thrives in a fast growing, cross-functional environment and who can enhance the analytical rigor of the overall organization.
Finally, the right leader for this role has significant experience with programming languages (SQL, python), visualization tools (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Tableau, etc.), computing tools (Excel, Stata, R, etc.) and (preferably) machine learning tools.
• Work closely with key P&L leaders (CMO, VP of B2B), FP&A team and the CFO to produce revenue, cost, and customer forecasts during quarterly and annual planning
• Develop and share deeper understanding of customer behavior, including New and Repeat, segment (Consumer, Trade, Contract), RFM, geography, etc. and develop strategies and recommendations for ways to communicate better with various customers along their journey
• Ensure B2B leads can be tracked from application through to purchase, from both web and phone channels, working in various platforms (Adobe Analytics, Netsuite, Invoca). Regularly report on performance (orders, revenue, LTV) of B2B leads by source
• Develop predictive models to help drive strategy setting, decision making and actionable recommendations to teams, including acquisition and churn modeling, cohort models and more
• Partner with analytics team to develop an analytics request process and roadmap, working to accelerate current analytics and reporting backlog
• Drive bottom-line impact by using data and analytics to optimize ROAS (and other metrics) across markets, segments, and channels
• Support discovery of new analytical techniques and external data to apply to existing statistical models or creation of new insights
• Apply expertise in data infrastructure and quantitative analysis to automate processes where possible and provide creative solutions to deeper analytical questions
• Identify gaps in our data collection and collaborate with the line of business, marketing, merchandising, engineering teams to capture data requirements
• Lead ideation and prioritization of opportunities to profitably grow our business via analyses of activities and opportunities across various marketing channels, the website, sales pipeline, etc.
• Work collaboratively with data stakeholders across the business to support initiatives across all growth workstreams
• Develop ways to automate regular monthly reporting needs, via Tableau, Adobe, or other systems
Key Performance Metrics:
• Net bookings / sales and other performance metrics TBD
Other Role Requirements:
• Travel up to 10% (post-COVID)
• Location – preference for local (Walnut Creek, CA or Sacramento, CA)
• Self-propelled, intellectually curious continuous learner who keeps up with new tools, methodologies, and the industry and is unafraid to take on new challenges
• Motivated by and conforms to the scientific method when solving business problems through data
• Strong communication skills including the ability to summarize data insights into written documents and present in executive meetings
• Resourceful, industrious, and scrappy; capable of working in at a company in a growth phase
• Values speed: capable of answering data questions / producing a V1 quickly
• Understands e-commerce, retail, and design / furniture (a plus)
• Master’s degree (or higher) in a quantitative discipline and 10+ years’ experience in a data centric B2C role (e.g. Marketing Analytics, Product Analytics, Customer Data Analytics,
Applied Data Science, etc.)
• Experience with customer segmentation, behavior analysis, developing recommender systems, personalization systems and forecasting
• Experience identifying and supporting the development of strategy around data science/AI-driven opportunities
• Prior experience with relevant programming languages (SQL, etc.)
• Significant experience with statistical and data visualization tools (Adobe, Google Analytics, Tableau, Power BI.)
• (Preferred) prior experience in e-commerce, retail and / or home furnishings