YDesign Group is a family of online-led retail brands offering the best in modern and contemporary lighting, fans, furniture and home décor accessories to design-driven consumers and trade professionals.
Our flagship brand YLighting launched in 2001 and is the foremost modern lighting retailer in North America. Our selection is expansive, but curated to offer the best in the industry, from top international brands to emerging studios to iconic names in design. In 2016, YDesign Group acquired Lumens, a leading multi-channel retail brand in lighting, modern furniture and home décor accessories. Together, the YDesign Group retail brands offer an unparalleled selection of modern design for retail consumers and trade professionals.
Our difference is our commitment to an incomparable customer experience, including expert advice from our in-house team of professionals, plus service, support and inspiration throughout our customers’ projects.
Check us out here:
YDesign Group is seeking an experienced Director of eCommerce Product Management to lead the eCommerce roadmap initiatives across our sites and manage a small team of product managers and UX and UI designers. You will bring a data-driven mindset and a drive for optimization to a role that contributes directly to the company’s success, through analyzing and addressing customer friction points, soliciting and addressing voice of the customer feedback, developing best-in-class eCommerce experiences, working with third-party vendors to measure and optimize our relationships and results, and leading a testing program to measure the impact of changes. This is an opportunity to quickly make an impact, be visible to the C-suite leadership and take on a new challenge at an exciting time at YDesign Group.
Based in Sacramento or Walnut Creek, CA (but currently working remotely) and reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, the Director, eCommerce Product Management will be a hands-on, team first leader who will work closely with the technology team to drive continuous improvements in our customer experience and drive incremental revenue for the company.
• Combine existing expertise in user experience, website analytics and optimization, eCommerce technology and tools, and people management to deliver a superior shopping experience for all customers.
• Continuously improve the overall user experience, factoring in industry trends, best practices, site metrics, and competitive strengths/weaknesses. Embrace new best practices and build a continuous improvement culture.
• Working closely with the CMO, drive the development and execution of a robust eCommerce Roadmap, working cross-functionally to ensure delivery of key projects at a high level of quality. Document and update/maintain the eCommerce Roadmap plan of record, facilitate cross-functional work to achieve plans, and update senior management as appropriate of status, tradeoffs, and issues regarding the Roadmap.
• Review existing third-party eCommerce and internal tools to identify areas for improvement. Own, measure and optimize the success of third-party integrations. Identify new eCommerce and Sales capabilities and/or technologies to optimize the customer experience and drive business results.
• Build and coach a team of direct reports (including UX design, UI design and eCommerce product management) and outside partners as needed, that can develop and execute innovative eCommerce solutions.
• Analyze web analytics data to identify key areas of opportunity and measure the results of improvement efforts and A/B testing. Monitor and report on KPIs as appropriate.
• Lead the Voice of the Customer program to solicit feedback and requests from the teams who are closest to our customers (Customer Service and Sales). Evaluate and prioritize requests/suggestions into the roadmap; create a feedback loop to report back on requests fulfilled and determine if changes have had the desired effect.
• Strong bias to making decisions based on data and A/B testing, supported by significant prior experience with A/B testing tools and interpretation of results. Lead testing planning and execution for eCommerce initiatives.
• Direct impactful initiatives that will deliver an increase in conversion rates, average order size and RPV across both consumer and trade businesses.
• Partner effectively with other teams, including site marketing and optimization, SEO, performance and brand marketing as well as merchandising, product data, customer services and sales teams to optimize the overall customer experience. Communicate Roadmap plans and accomplishments through regular meetings, updates, release notes, etc.
• Work cross-functionally with the technology team, including onshore and offshore teams, to deliver projects at a consistently high level of quality.
• Ensure backlog is regularly reviewed and re-prioritized, and that high priority enhancements are scheduled into regular releases.
• Oversee processes for product management (tracking and prioritization of bugs, requests and enhancements; development of business requirements and user stories; setup of tracking and reporting; delivery of release notes; etc.). Provide thought leadership on process optimization initiatives to improve efficiency or accuracy of key eCommerce processes.
• Manage third-party vendor relationships, budgets and contract renewals as needed.
• Regularly report on progress and results to the Leadership Team.
The ideal candidate:
The ideal candidate will be an experienced eCommerce product leader who has developed and led innovative and performant eCommerce programs. S/he will have the ability to use web analytics, customer insights and knowledge of industry best practices to develop a compelling eCommerce product strategy. S/he will have experience reviewing and/or developing KPI’s and other analytics to identify the highest priority opportunities, developing an eCommerce roadmap strategy, leading execution and measuring results. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years of experience leading eCommerce product programs.
Leadership and Talent Management:
• Strong team player who can develop, mentor, and support a diverse, highly talented, engaged team
• Leads and influences others in a positive manner
• Influences business partners to better understand the customer experience within the department and enterprise-wide
• Inspires team members to innovate, take risks and continue to improve the quality and value of the work provided to both internal and external customers
• Builds relationships to align efforts with internal business partners
• Obsessed with customers and getting it right for them
• Innovative thinker who balances innovation with driving business results
• Comfortable managing ambiguity, change and multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Remains calm under pressure; comfortable addressing difficult situations
• Works both strategically and hands-on
• Possesses proven organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and manage competing demands
• Delivers against business goals, establishes strategy and objectives, and leads team to execute eCommerce product plans
• Demonstrates strong critical thinking with urgency and problem-solving skills
• Approaches tasks with optimism and a forward-thinking approach
• Willing to take strategic risks deployed via tests with structured metrics to continuously improve the program and find new wins
Minimum Educational/Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree and 7-10 years’ relevant work experience in leading eCommerce product programs and developing strong user experiences for web and mobile platforms.
• Extensive knowledge of eCommerce technologies, including eCommerce platform capabilities, complementary website tools, and A/B testing tools. Experience with Salesforce Commerce Cloud is a plus.
• Current knowledge of best practices in eCommerce site design. Strong understanding of interaction design, UX and UI principles.
• Outstanding analytical skills; demonstrated experience performing web analysis and interpreting test results and drawing conclusions. Experience working with and implementing Adobe Analytics is a plus.
• Proven leader with experience both directly managing small teams of people and leading large cross-functional eCommerce project teams.
• Demonstrated strong business judgment and decision-making skills; ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate highest impact initiatives.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; able to simplify complex issues, present compelling proposals, and promote technical and business credibility with internal and external stakeholders.
• Experience with vendor management and selection of third-party eCommerce tools; experience leveraging external resources, including offshore resources.