YDesign Group is a family of online-led retail brands offering the best in modern and contemporary lighting, fans, furniture and home décor accessories to design-driven consumers and trade professionals.
Our flagship brand YLighting launched in 2001 and is the foremost modern lighting retailer in North America. Our selection is expansive, but curated to offer the best in the industry, from top international brands, to emerging studios to iconic names in design. In 2016, YDesign Group acquired Lumens, a leading multi-channel retail brand in lighting, modern furniture and home décor accessories. Together, the YDesign Group retail brands bring an unparalleled selection of modern design for retail consumers and trade professionals.
Our difference is our commitment to an incomparable customer experience, including expert advice from our in-house team of professionals, plus service, support and inspiration throughout our customers’ projects.
Check us out here:
YDesign Group is seeking a results oriented, collaborative and analytical Director of Growth Marketing who has a demonstrated track record of delivering profitable growth and a passion for building great teams. This is an opportunity for an emerging leader to make an impact in our growing business and take on new challenges at an exciting time at YDesign Group.
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, the Director of Growth Marketing role will be a hands-on, team first leader who will optimize and scale current digital marketing channels while testing into net new growth opportunities to grow the business. This role is responsible for achieving revenue and ROAS goals, and, with the team, driving continual improvement in our performance marketing campaigns. The team is based in Sacramento CA and we are currently working remotely. Once it is safe to return to our offices, the Director could work from our Sacramento office or the Walnut Creek office, with the expectation of travel to Sacramento twice a week.
• Develop and lead a best in class, primarily in-house marketing team that can scale the business
• Lead the Digital Marketing team (and select vendors as needed) to launch campaigns on time and on budget
• Set and drive the strategy for new and different ways and/or channels through which we can grow the business, through an agile test-and-learn methodology
• Drive aggressive, profitable web customer acquisition and retention revenue growth through:
– ROI/CPC channel strategies across the demand generation funnel including Text SEM, PLAs, Retargeting and Affiliates
– Strategies to optimize SEO-Organic traffic programs
– Email campaigns: Broadcast, Lifecycle, Abandon
– Social campaigns including paid, content-social-community and influencer marketing strategies, across channels such as Pinterest, Houzz and Instagram
– Marketplace marketing experience a plus (Google, Amazon, Houzz)
– B2B opportunities in lead generation, nurture and retention campaigns
– Agency relationship management
• Build and manage marketing analytics and technology capabilities across bidding, applied machine learning, programmatic marketing, multi-touch attribution models and RFM measures
• Ensure accuracy of marketing reporting; responsible for regular forecasting and measurement by channel and campaign
• Develop and embrace new best practices and build a continuous improvement culture
The ideal candidate:
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of current marketing tools and strategies and the ability to lead integrated digital marketing campaigns from concept to execution, working in an agile methodology. The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 10 years of progressive experience executing and leading growth marketing channels and teams, driving profitable growth.
Leadership and Talent Management:
• Strong team player who can develop, mentor and support a diverse, highly talented, engaged team of subject matter experts
• Leads and influences others in a positive manner
• Inspires team members to innovate, take risks and continue improving the quality and results of their channels and campaigns
• Builds relationships to align efforts with internal business partners; influences business partners to better understand the customer experience within the department and enterprise-wide
• Works both strategically and hands-on; player-coach
• Comfortable managing ambiguity, change and multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrates strong critical thinking with urgency and problem-solving skills
• Approaches tasks with optimism and a forward-thinking approach
• Comfortable pulling data, building reports and analyzing large sets of data across website and marketing channels with a highly analytical view.
• Proven ability to establish a data-driven, hypothesis test-and-learn approach to marketing. Has a passion for innovation and utilizing a structured testing approach to find new wins
• Obsessed with customers and getting it right for them
Minimum Educational/Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of experience and education. MBA a plus
• Minimum 10 years progressive digital marketing experience
• Experience with hands-on management of various performance marketing channels (i.e. paid search and social, SEO, retargeting, programmatic display and/or video, etc.)
• Experience using and/or developing attribution models to assess channel performance and interactions
• Experience owning and managing an 8-figure digital marketing budget, creating forecasts and delivering on program revenue and cost performance commitments
• Knows retail and understands how to manage high volume, retail marketing promotion cycles
• Consumer marketing experience. B2B experience a plus
• Industry experience: retail, luxury retail, furnishings
• Demonstrated analytical skills; experience managing marketing technology/marketing tracking a plus
• Strong oral and written communication skills; thoughtful, clear writer and communicator