YDesign Group is a family of online-led retail brands offering the best in modern and contemporary lighting, fans, furniture and home décor accessories to design-driven consumers and trade professionals.
Our flagship brand YLighting launched in 2001 and is the foremost modern lighting retailer in North America. Our selection is expansive, but curated to offer the best in the industry, from top international brands to emerging studios to iconic names in design. In 2016, YDesign Group acquired Lumens, a leading multi-channel retail brand in lighting, modern furniture and home décor accessories. Together, the YDesign Group retail brands offer an unparalleled selection of modern design for retail consumers and trade professionals.
Our difference is our commitment to an incomparable customer experience, including expert advice from our in-house team of professionals, plus service, support and inspiration throughout our customers’ projects.
Check us out here:
YDesign Group is seeking an experienced eCommerce Product Manager to own and manage eCommerce Roadmap initiatives, working with our internal technology team as well as managing third-party tools and relationships. You will bring a data-driven mindset and a drive for optimization to a role that contributes directly to the company’s success, through analyzing and addressing customer friction points, reviewing and prioritizing voice of the customer feedback, developing best-in-class eCommerce experiences, partnering with third-party vendors to optimize program results, and contributing to a testing program to measure the impact of changes. This is an exciting opportunity to join the team at a time when we are scaling investment into improving our customer experience.
Based in Sacramento or Walnut Creek, CA (but currently working remotely) and reporting to the Director, eCommerce Product Management, the eCommerce Product Manager will be a strategic and hands-on member of the product team, which includes product management, UX and UI design, with distinct ownership of key initiatives.
• Build, maintain, and document knowledge of all products and services used in the website experience, and recommend new products or enhancements based on site metrics analysis, site/customer feedback, and/or knowledge of industry best practices and innovations.
• Analyze eCommerce KPI’s and other site data (fallout/funnel reports, onsite feedback, session replays etc.) to identify, size and prioritize areas for improvement. Develop regular reporting as needed.
• Recommend improvements to eCommerce products and write business requirements documents detailing changes. Ensure compliance to schedule and coordinate with other teams (project management, development, business teams, etc.) to confirm requirements and answer questions.
• Develop user stories in JIRA covering all relevant use cases (consumer, trade, desktop, mobile) for approved projects. Work with Director to prioritize user stories for release, monitor progress and manage all tradeoffs to optimize the overall impact of monthly releases.
• Ensure sufficient QA is completed on all eCommerce development work by providing test cases and collaborating with QA teams. Administer UAT processes and approve final new product delivery.
• Act as primary vendor management contact for select vendors; understand features available and upcoming roadmap improvements. Own the success of designated third-party tools and integrations. Prepare reporting on program results as needed. Evaluate new partners as needed.
• Triage bugs identified with awareness of the scope and severity of the issue to inform true business impact. For non-blocker bugs and enhancements, actively manage the backlog to resolve important issues in a timely manner.
The ideal candidate:
The ideal candidate will be an experienced eCommerce product manager who has developed and led innovative eCommerce initiatives, optimizing for both customer experience and business results. S/he will have the ability to use web analytics, customer insights and knowledge of industry best practices to develop compelling eCommerce strategies and projects. S/he will have experience reviewing and tracking KPI’s and other analytics to identify high priority opportunities, developing business requirements for eCommerce product experiences, and working closely with third-party eCommerce platforms and vendors. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of experience leading eCommerce product initiatives.
• Obsessed with customers and getting it right for them
• Innovative thinker who balances creativity with driving business results
• Comfortable managing ambiguity, change and multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Remains calm under pressure; comfortable addressing difficult situations
• Works both strategically and hands-on
• Possesses proven organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and manage competing demands
• Demonstrates strong critical thinking with urgency and problem-solving skills
• Approaches tasks with optimism and a forward-thinking approach
• Willing to take strategic risks deployed via tests with structured metrics to continuously improve the program and find new wins
Minimum Educational/Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years’ relevant work experience leading eCommerce product initiatives.
• Extensive knowledge of eCommerce technologies, including eCommerce platform capabilities, complementary website tools, and A/B testing tools. Experience with Salesforce Commerce Cloud is a plus.
• Outstanding analytical skills; experience performing web analyses and interpreting test results and drawing conclusions. Experience working with and implementing Adobe Analytics is a plus.
• Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams; interface between business and technology.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; able to promote technical and business credibility with internal and external stakeholders.
• Strong vendor management skills of third-party eCommerce and internal business tools; experience leveraging external resources, including offshore resources.