Lumens is Enlightened by Design. We’re excited by design, too. We travel the world to find everything from authentic and iconic pieces, to the latest in contemporary interior décor, all sourced from global design brands, including exclusive pieces you won’t find anywhere else. And we’re always looking for fellow design enthusiasts to join our team.
Lumens.com launched in 2004 with one goal in mind: to be the best place to shop for lighting, fans, furniture and accessories for people who love modern design. Since then, Lumens has become an established ecommerce pioneer and leader in lighting and mid-market and luxury home goods, offering a best-in-class customer experience with a service team composed of American Lighting Association-certified lighting and design enthusiasts serving trade professional, residential and commercial customers.
Today, Lumens is an innovative company at the forefront of good design, poised for growth with the backing of Design Holding and strategic links to world-renowned design brands Flos, Louis Poulsen, B&B Italia, Maxalto, Menu, by Lassen, Azucena and Arclinea. We’re looking for top talent with a shared vision around bringing the world’s best design products to discerning customers while seizing the opportunity to make a difference and impact the direction of the company. We are obsessed with our customers, play to win and believe in a great today and even better tomorrow. We are enlightened by design, and the future is bright at Lumens.
YDG is expanding its foundational go-to-market team for its B2B business that sells to the trade (interior designers, architects, contractors, etc.). We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic Customer Service Representative to help us grow our trade business. This individual will play a crucial role in increasing the pipeline of new sales opportunities among the Architect and Designer (A&D) community.
The Enrollment Agent will help grow our B2B channel by signing up new trade accounts and energizing the newly-enrolled partners to maximize their value. The primary means of engagement will be via outbound phone call and emails, and we’re looking for someone who can efficiently develop great relationships with prospects and customers through those channels.
• Tasked with speaking to every new lead that comes into our program
• Make 75+ outbound calls a day to build client base
• Verify lead or account is eligible for trade partnership
• Probe inactive or new accounts to determine where they are purchasing, what pricing they are getting, and how we can earn their business
• Respectfully communicates with the department supervisors and Trade Account Managers
• Work with Account Managers, introducing qualified and interested clients for the Trade Account Manager to engage with
• Handles customers with care, empathy, and sincerity regarding their issues
• Performs other duties as assigned by management
• Successfully manage and overcome prospect objections
• Understanding a lead’s needs and effectively communicating how YDG’s brands can meet them
• Defining the pre-sales process and consistently using NetSuite / other technology systems to document prospect interaction ensuring efficient lead management
• Ensure 100% satisfaction with all customers
Key Performance Metrics:
• Meet and exceed leads worked, enrollment & activation targets
• Drive retention / recurring revenue
• Previous experience with the design, home furnishing or lighting industries is preferred
• Four-year degree or relevant work experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail
• Previous sales and/or Business Development experience required, particularly in outbound / sales development
• Consistent measurable over-achievement in past experiences
• A “get it done now” attitude
• High-energy, passion, and a positive attitude
• Technically-savvy: Familiarity with NetSuite, SalesLoft, and other tech systems is preferred
• Entrepreneurially driven and capable of advising best practices
• Ability to forge strong business relationships over the phone
• Competitive and rigorously focused on results
• Understands e-commerce and retail
• Resourceful and self-driven with strong work ethic
• Scrappy – get things done within the constraints of a growing business
• Strong analytical skills – able to organize data to identify opportunities
• Strong negotiation skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Loves design, real estate, or consumer products
Location: Sacramento, CA
Compensation: Competitive Base Salary
Benefits: access to health benefits + 401K + 3 weeks annual paid time off