YDesign Group is a family of online-led retail brands offering the best in modern and contemporary lighting, fans, furniture and home décor accessories to design-driven consumers and trade professionals.
Our flagship brand YLighting launched in 2001 and is the foremost modern lighting retailer in North America. Our selection is expansive, but curated to offer the best in the industry, from top international brands, to emerging studios to iconic names in design. In 2016, YDesign Group acquired Lumens, a leading multi-channel retail brand in lighting, modern furniture, and home décor accessories. Together, the YDesign Group retail brands bring an unparalleled selection of modern design for retail consumers and trade professionals.
Our difference is our commitment to an incomparable customer experience, including expert advice from our in-house team of professionals, plus service, support, and inspiration throughout our customers’ projects.
Check us out here:
YDesign Group is seeking an Executive Administrator to support the C-level Executive team. Their ideal candidate will have 5 + years of experience in supporting multiple C- level Executives in a global company. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
Headquarters located in Walnut Creek, CA with flexible remote working a feature, the Executive Administrator will report directly to the CEO. The Executive Administrator will provide executive support in a one-on-one working relationship with each executive. The Executive Administrator serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external matters needed by the Executive team. The Executive Administrator will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
• Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the C- level executives including managing multiple extremely active calendar of appointments, meeting management, and meeting minutes, composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential, arranging complex and detailed international travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
• Produces reports and presentations, including coordination of board presentation materials.
• Organizes and supports meetings and events including venue, technology.
• Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Executives, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
• Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the C-level executives and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with senior management staff.
• Works closely and effectively with the Executives to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
• Builds relationships crucial to the success of the organization and manages a variety of special projects for the C-level team, some of which may have organizational impact.
• Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the Executive team’s ability to effectively lead the company.
• Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matter expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
-Senior Management Liaison
• Participates as an adjunct member of the Executive Team including assisting in scheduling meetings and attending meetings
• Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites, and all staff meetings
• Facilitates cross-divisional coordination of travel and outreach plans
Minimum Educational/Experience Requirements:
• 5+ years of experience supporting senior level executives in a corporate environment.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms.
• Experience working with international teams and stakeholders.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across all levels of the organization and externally.
• Highly organized
• Time management and ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and competing priorities.
• Well-developed organizational skills
• Attention to detail.
• Professional discretion
• Moderately physical in that the activities performed are of an administrative nature.
• Occasionally be required to lift up to 25 pounds.
• This position is in a well-lighted, heated and air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
• The noise level exposure is moderate in that it functions in an open office setting with computers and printers with light traffic.
• There is no travel required for this position.