Lumens is looking for a dynamic Executive Assistant to support the CEO and executive team in the efficient operation of the organization. We’re looking for a strong partner with an ability to anticipate needs and with a passion for helping things run smoothly. Working independently, the Executive Assistant’s areas of responsibility will span from managing the corporate calendar supporting the CEO and maintaining our headquarters to coordinating projects, creating reports and leading special projects.
• Create and maintain the corporate calendar including coordination with external meetings, Executive meetings and offsites, All-company meetings, etc.
• Plan, coordinate, organize and assist at various company meetings, events, and celebrations.
• Support the efficiency of meetings including management and collation of prep work, preparation of minutes and follow-up actions, and tracking deadlines and sending reminders.
• Maintain the CEO’s schedule by planning and scheduling business and personal meetings, in-person and remote, as well as coordinating and booking domestic and international travel arrangements.
• Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that include completing expense reports; composing and preparing emails; compiling documents for meetings; preparing PowerPoint presentations and other documents.
• Work closely and effectively with the CEO to keep her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
• Serve as the primary contact for the company, greet and establish rapport with employees, parent company, board members, clients, visitors, and any guests entering and exiting the building.
• Manage sensitive matters with a high level of confidentiality and discretion.
• Ensure the office is well maintained and stocked, as well as coordinating any necessary maintenance, receiving packages, etc.
• Pick up deliveries and run errands as needed.
• Minimum of 8 years of administrative and executive assistant experience with 3+ years of experience at an Executive Assistant level.
• Highly organized and efficient and able to juggle multiple tasks and requests.
• Ability to work independently in a complex work environment.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are paramount. Must be able to communicate and build relationships with all levels including employees, executives, board members, clients and vendors.
• Demonstrates ability to take initiative, anticipate needs and exercise independent/sound judgment.
• Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
• Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Lumens is Enlightened by Design. We’re excited by design, too. We travel the world to find everything from authentic and iconic pieces, to the latest in contemporary interior décor, all sourced from global design brands, including exclusive pieces you won’t find anywhere else. And we’re always looking for fellow design enthusiasts to join our team.
Lumens.com launched in 2004 with one goal in mind: to be the best place to shop for lighting, fans, furniture and accessories for people who love modern design. Since then, Lumens has become an established ecommerce pioneer and leader in lighting and mid-market and luxury home goods, offering a best-in-class customer experience with a service team composed of American Lighting Association-certified lighting and design enthusiasts serving trade professional, residential and commercial customers.
Today, Lumens is an innovative company at the forefront of good design, poised for growth with the backing of Design Holding and strategic links to world-renowned design brands Flos, Louis Poulsen, B&B Italia, Maxalto, Menu, by Lassen, Azucena and Arclinea. We’re looking for top talent with a shared vision around bringing the world’s best design products to discerning customers while seizing the opportunity to make a difference and impact the direction of the company. We are obsessed with our customers, play to win and believe in a great today and even better tomorrow. We are enlightened by design, and the future is bright at Lumens.
Location: Hybrid – Walnut Creek, CA / ~2 days a week in the Walnut Creek office and ~3 days flexible (remote or in office. Travel to the Sacramento office ~1-2 times per month. Occasionally, individual will need to be available after hours for travel and scheduling needs.
Compensation: Competitive Base Salary
Benefits: access to health benefits + 401k + 3 weeks annual paid time off