YDesign Group is a family of online-led retail brands offering the best in modern and contemporary lighting, fans, furniture and home décor accessories to design-driven consumers and trade professionals.
Our flagship brand YLighting launched in 2001 and is the foremost modern lighting retailer in North America. Our selection is expansive, but curated to offer the best in the industry, from top international brands, to emerging studios to iconic names in design. In 2016, YDesign Group acquired Lumens, a leading multi-channel retail brand in lighting, modern furniture, and home décor accessories. Together, the YDesign Group retail brands bring an unparalleled selection of modern design for retail consumers and trade professionals.
Our difference is our commitment to an incomparable customer experience, including expert advice from our in-house team of professionals, plus service, support, and inspiration throughout our customers’ projects.
Check us out here:
YDesign Group is seeking a graphic design college intern to support our ongoing direct mail program. The person in this role will support the direct mail print design process, including pre-production work and assisting with layout and design.
Located in Sacramento, CA (but currently working remotely), the Graphic Design Intern will report to the Director of Brand Marketing. The internship will be 10 hours per week and is expected to last three months, with the possibility of extension. There is flexibility in scheduling days and times.
• Print production: Working closely with our in-house graphic designer and print marketing manager, this role will help as directed with gathering of product and application images for the catalog, placing images into layouts, making revisions to layouts, clipping photos and assisting graphic designer with revisions and edits as needed.
• Other projects as assigned
The ideal candidate:
The ideal candidate will have formal education or training in graphic design and/or currently in process of obtaining a degree in graphic design.
• Retail-driven design skills
• Understanding of best practices and processes for design in both print and digital
• Deadline-driven; able to consistently meet deadlines
• High attention to detail and accuracy
Minimum Educational/Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design, or in progress
• Fluency in Photoshop and InDesign, and has access to the most up to date versions
• Knowledge of the print design process
• Strong design skills, in addition to excellent written and verbal communication skills
To apply, please attach your portfolio with your resume or add a link to your portfolio in the note section.