As the leading Internet led retailer of modern lighting, our front door opens to the entire world. One minute you’re talking to an Interior Designer in Los Angeles and the next, a loft owner in Manhattan. Do you have what it takes to communicate with a diverse group of consumer and trade customers? YDesign Group offers talented and motivated people the opportunity to thrive in a dynamic and growing company.
The Inbound Sales Associate will be responsible for ensuring our customers have an incomparable customer experience throughout the shopping, purchasing and order fulfillment process. This role is responsible for ensuring all customer contact is handled in a quick, accurate and thorough manner. This role works with customers, internal teams and our suppliers to effectively understand and meet the customer’s needs. The sales associate will spend the entire day speaking on the telephone and working on a computer. The ideal candidate is a seasoned lighting sales associate with exceptional phone skills, knowledge of modern design and home furnishings and has passion for exceeding customer’s expectations. You will be a part of a very successful inside sales team. If you’re not willing to be on the phone all day this job is not for you!
· Respond to all incoming phone and email sale inquiries
· Effectively understand customers stated and unstated needs and identify the right solution
· Create quotes and follow up with prospective customers
· Capture orders accurately/efficiently and provide post order support
· Handle all returns and customer problems/complaints in a positive manner
· Track all qualified opportunities to understand close rate and identify improvement opportunities
· Expand customer’s connection to the brand by encouraging customers to sign up for YTP, company newsletters, contests, etc.
Minimum Educational/ Experience Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· 5+ years lighting sales and service experience required
· 5+ years’ experience providing phone based sales & service
· Understanding of lighting solutions for consumer and trade applications
· Modern design industry knowledge and passion
· Experience utilizing structured sales methodologies and tools
· Knowledge of Order Entry/Management software tools and processes and use of CRM
· MS OFFICE suite of products Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
· Self-motivated and results oriented
· Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
· Well-developed listening skills, problem analysis and problem solving
· Friendly, yet persuasive communication approach
· Commitment to sales while maintaining the highest service level possible
Working in an open and positive environment which values achievement without sacrificing work/life balance
Being part of a dynamic team
Competitive salary with bonus
Group health insurance, 401K plan, paid Long-Term Disability Insurance
· Moderately physical in that the activities performed are of an administrative nature
· Occasionally be required to lift up to 25 pounds
· This position is in a well-lighted, heated and air conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation
· The noise level exposure is moderate in that it functions in an open office setting with computers and printers with light traffic
Location: Sacramento site
Compensation: Competitive Base Salary with Bonus Opportunity
Benefits: Access to Health Benefits + 401K + 3 weeks annual Paid Time Off (PTO) & 9 paid holidays
About YDesign Group
YDesign Group is an online-led retailer offering the best in modern and contemporary lighting, furnishings, and decorative plumbing to design driven consumers and trade professionals. Our extensive, yet carefully curated selection ranges from iconic mid-century designs to today’s most innovative products.
Founded in 2001, YDesign Group’s YLighting is the leading design-driven modern and contemporary lighting retailer in North America, offering more than 15,000 of the top domestic and international product designs. YDesign Group is also a leader in modern furniture, home accessories and decorative plumbing via its YLiving and YBath brands. In 2016, YDesign Group acquired Lumens, whose goal is to be the best place to shop for lighting, fans, modern furniture and accessories for people who love modern design.
Headquartered in Walnut Creek, CA, YDesign Group brands serve design savvy consumers and trade professionals through its websites, sales team, catalog, and showroom in Sacramento, CA.
YDesign Group inspires customers to confidently fulfill their interior design visions by providing them an incomparable experience: a combination of products, advice, inspiration, site design, and services that no retailer can match.
Check us out here: