YDesign Group is a family of online-led retail brands offering the best in modern and contemporary lighting, fans, furniture and home décor accessories to design-driven consumers and trade professionals.
Our flagship brand YLighting launched in 2001 and is the foremost modern lighting retailer in North America. Our selection is expansive, but curated to offer the best in the industry, from top international brands, to emerging studios to iconic names in design. In 2016, YDesign Group acquired Lumens, a leading multi-channel retail brand in lighting, modern furniture, and home décor accessories. Together, the YDesign Group retail brands bring an unparalleled selection of modern design for retail consumers and trade professionals.
Our difference is our commitment to an incomparable customer experience, including expert advice from our in-house team of professionals, plus service, support, and inspiration throughout our customers’ projects.
Check us out here:
YDesign Group is seeking an Inventory Specialist to join our Walnut Creek, CA Merchandise Planning & Inventory team. We are a rapidly growing midsize e-commerce company in the modern design space with high average order values and a loyal customer base. The Inventory Specialist will manage day-to-day Inventory operations. You will be responsible for a portfolio of vendors and their bestselling products, ensuring they are in stock, managing replenishment, order processing & receipts. You will interact with many departments, coordinating often with the Warehouse, Logistics, Vendors & Vendor Operations, Customer Service & Finance to successfully manage orders. The ideal candidate will need to be extremely well organized, tenacious, agile & flexible with exceptional follow through.
Order & Inventory Management (80%)
• Optimize stock program & drive recommendations to improve the stock availability of key products
o Manage purchase orders from planning & system entry to receipt at warehouse
o Maintain stock buy plans
o Manage consignment program, receipts & adjustments
o Coordinate with accounting to arrange payment, assist with reconciling invoices & verifying receipts
o Coordinate with logistics to arrange transport & with warehouse to resolve any receiving issues
o Coordinate credits, returns and damage claims as needed
o Coordinate with Vendor Operations to proactively manage back orders, delays & flow of deliveries
• Ensure timely & accurate delivery information in all systems. Perform daily order management tasks including:
o Entering orders in vendor B2B portals and extracting ESD and tracking information where applicable
o Process any order confirmation or tracking emails sent by vendors via email
o Order status updates, following up with vendors for ESDs or tracking
o Order issue resolution & revision – item changes, cancellations, model changes, price changes, etc.
• Oversee inventory levels & liquidation efforts
o Submit inventory transfer requests
o Aged inventory review
o Open Box/Clearance pricing
Inventory Planning Product Data Maintenance (10%)
• Ensure item records are set up correctly & accurately
• Approve & submit product updates to the Data Maintenance team
• Process updates to Inventory related fields in all systems
Reporting & Special Projects (10%)
• Ad hoc inventory related reporting & special projects as needed
Minimum Education/Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. 2+ years in a similar role.
• Command of MS Office, Excel, multiple web browsers and ability to quickly learn new computer systems
• NetSuite experience preferred
• Previous high-end-retail or Ecommerce experience
• Previous experience in an inventory, purchasing or operations role