Lumens is Enlightened by Design. We’re excited by design, too. We travel the world to find everything from authentic and iconic pieces, to the latest in contemporary interior décor, all sourced from global design brands, including exclusive pieces you won’t find anywhere else. And we’re always looking for fellow design enthusiasts to join our team.
Lumens.com launched in 2004 with one goal in mind: to be the best place to shop for lighting, fans, furniture and accessories for people who love modern design. Since then, Lumens has become an established ecommerce pioneer and leader in lighting and mid-market and luxury home goods, offering a best-in-class customer experience with a service team composed of American Lighting Association-certified lighting and design enthusiasts serving trade professional, residential and commercial customers.
Today, Lumens is an innovative company at the forefront of good design, poised for growth with the backing of Design Holding and strategic links to world-renowned design brands Flos, Louis Poulsen, B&B Italia, Maxalto, Menu, by Lassen, Azucena and Arclinea. We’re looking for top talent with a shared vision around bringing the world’s best design products to discerning customers while seizing the opportunity to make a difference and impact the direction of the company. We are obsessed with our customers, play to win and believe in a great today and even better tomorrow. We are enlightened by design, and the future is bright at Lumens.
Lumens is looking for a highly skilled, creative, and motivated IT Manager for its corporate infrastructure and platforms. The candidate will be responsible for managing on-prem and cloud-based Windows (some OS X) systems, AWS/Linux servers, office network, wireless, VOIP and all IT assets supporting about 175+ employees.
The ideal candidate should have in-depth knowledge of Windows/Linux server setup, deployment, automation, and maintenance, including active directory, domain controllers, email exchange/Office 365, DNS, LAN/WAN, WAP and VOIP systems and will be the go-to person in crisis management and troubleshooting exercises. The candidate should be well versed with security best practices, compliance needs, use of various IT security tools, and needs of a typical secure infrastructure environment.
• Manage +1 IT support team member.
• Hands-on management of Windows/Linux servers, shaping infrastructure layout, architecture.
• Administering domain controllers, active directory, email exchange/Office 365
• Administering DNS, Routers, WAPs, VOIP, VPN, LAN and WAN network.
• Supporting administrative functions of various on-premises and cloud based applications – e.g. Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Oracle NetSuite, AWS, CDN
• Assessing stability, security and scalability of systems and establish proper monitoring of systems.
• Ensuring security best practices in server system and network accesses.
• Active participation in security assessments and audits.
• Ensuring system high availability, SLAs and support protocols are in place.
• On-call for critical issues, troubleshooting with the team server or network issues.
• Manage licensing, support renewals, documentation of infrastructure application components.
• Other Server, network, and work group server monitoring and management
o Set up of administrator and service accounts
o Create and update Windows/Linux servers and tune for system performance
o Software deployment, upgrades and maintenance
o Ensure network availability
o Create and maintain system documentation
Minimum Educational/ Experience Requirements:
• 5-7 years of hands-on experience as a systems/network administrator related function
• Strong understanding of both on-premises server environments and cloud-based environments.
• Experience with working with Windows/Linux Server, Active Directory, Office 365/email exchange,
• Experience with ticketing systems, collaborative tools e.g., JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint, MS Teams
• Strong Shell-scripting experience required (e.g., PowerShell, Bash).
• Understanding and experience with Firewalls, Routers, TCP/IP, DNS, FTP, SSH, HTTP/HTTPs.
• Strong troubleshooting skills across stack – application software, OS, network, systems
• Strong crisis management, problem solving skills
• Excellent written, oral communication skills, ability to express complex issues in simpler terms.
• Certifications in AWS, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, CCNP+ preferred
• Systems availability, uptime and administration of day-to-day operations
• Automation – making day to day operations scalable and simpler
• Compliance to support SLAs, resolution of critical issues
• Redundancy, Failover & Recovery systems measures put in place.
• Security systems and compliance measures put in place.
• Operational support for business users.
• Moderately physical in that the activities performed are of an administrative nature
• Occasionally be required to lift up to 25 pounds
• This position is in a well-lighted, heated, air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation
• The noise level exposure is moderate in that it functions in an open office setting with computers and printers with light traffic
• There is occasional travel required for this position to Walnut Creek office location.
Location: Sacramento, California – Onsite required
Compensation: Competitive Base Salary
Benefits: access to health benefits + 401K + 3 weeks annual paid time off