YDesign Group’s Technology Team is seeking a Lead Salesforce Commerce Cloud (aka Demandware) Architect with hands on development skills and knowledge of platform internals to support our eCommerce growing roadmap. This person will be working closely with various cross functional groups primarily Product/Project Managers, Business Users and Developers to provide technical solutioning ideas, design and development support that help accelerate our eCommerce roadmap while allowing for platform scalability, performance, and growth. The ideal candidate will bring in creative thinking and have strong problem solving and communication skills which are key to success for this role.
What You’ll Do:
• Engage with Product Management and business partners as it relates to system capability, design and solutioning options.
• Work with Development team to ensure technical requirements and design is understood, best practices are followed for functionality, performance and security.
• Work with Project management for effort estimates, planning, and in removing technical roadblocks.
• Perform development on key components of the system.
• Research platform capabilities, identify opportunities as it relates to eCommerce roadmap.
What You Have:
• Experienced (7+ years) in Sales Force Commerce Cloud (aka Demandware) development and implementations on SGJC framework (SFRA is a plus).
• Strong background, understanding of Commerce Cloud (aka Demandware) platform capabilities, architecture, design and development.
• Able to do hands-on design and development of feature capabilities, including setup, configurations e.g. in Business Manager.
• Experienced in designing and tuning for page performance, and knowledge of secure development practices.
• Detailed understanding of front-end caching methodologies, CDNs, request response flow from customer to origin source.
• Able to troubleshoot site issues, use various tools commercial or open-source to trace analyze and resolve issues.
• Good database (SQL Server, MySQL) SQLs skills to look up related data elements in related subsystems.
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
Location: Walnut Creek, CA
About YDesign Group
YDesign Group is a family of online-led retailers offering the best in modern and contemporary lighting, fans, furniture and furnishings to design-driven consumers and trade professionals.
Our flagship brand YLighting launched in 2001 and is the foremost modern lighting retailer in the US. Our selection is expansive, but curated to offer the best in the industry, from top international brands, to emerging studios to iconic names in design. In 2016, YDesign Group acquired Lumens, a leading multi-channel retail brand in lighting, modern furniture and furnishings. Together, the YDesign Group retail brands bring an unparalleled selection of modern design for retail consumers and trade professionals.
At YDesign Group, we inspire our customer to confidently fulfill their interior design vision by providing them a premier experience in selection, advice, inspiration, website experience and services that no competitor can match.
Check us out here: http://ydesigngroup.com/