YDesign Group is a family of online-led retail brands offering the best in modern and contemporary lighting, fans, furniture and home décor accessories to design-driven consumers and trade professionals.
Our flagship brand YLighting launched in 2001 and is the foremost modern lighting retailer in North America. Our selection is expansive, but curated to offer the best in the industry, from top international brands, to emerging studios to iconic names in design. In 2016, YDesign Group acquired Lumens, a leading multi-channel retail brand in lighting, modern furniture and home décor accessories. Together, the YDesign Group retail brands bring an unparalleled selection of modern design for retail consumers and trade professionals.
Our difference is our commitment to an incomparable customer experience, including expert advice from our in-house team of professionals, plus service, support and inspiration throughout our customers’ projects.
Check us out here:
YDesign Group is seeking a technical and data-driven Marketing Analyst to develop reporting and insights that will enable the marketing team to make better decisions and support an innovative, test-and-learn culture. This is an opportunity to take initiative, develop new insights and reporting, and make a direct impact on business results.
Located in Sacramento or Walnut Creek, CA and reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, with a close working relationship with the corporate business solutions team, the Marketing Analyst will be both a technical and analytical resource for the team.
• Develop both standard and ad hoc reporting and insights to support the continued, profitable growth of our brands and businesses
• Ensure all marketing reporting is accurate and delivered in a timely manner
• Subject matter expert on marketing analytics and testing tools used by YDG (i.e. Adobe Analytics, GA, VWO, etc.); train the marketing team as needed on how to use these tools to build and pull reporting for their channels and functional areas
• Technical lead for updates or changes that need to be implemented in our analytics and testing tools for accuracy and completeness of data; make updates as needed
• Working with team leaders, manage the eCommerce testing roadmap. Ensure tests are launched on time and with appropriate metrics and setup; monitor tests in flight; recap and share test results with team
• Embrace new best practices and build a continuous improvement culture
The ideal candidate:
The ideal candidate will be passionate about using data-driven insights to improve business performance and the customer experience and will be able to work closely with various marketing team members to develop meaningful analysis and reporting. S/he will have a background in retail and an understanding of retail business drivers. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years of experience in a marketing or ecommerce analyst role, with hands-on experience making technical updates.
• Obsessed with customers and getting it right for them
• High attention to detail and accuracy
• Comfortable managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment; able to prioritize and manage competing demands
• Demonstrates strong critical thinking with urgency and problem-solving skills
• Approaches tasks with optimism and a forward-thinking approach
• Strong team player who can work well with diverse teams
• Influences others in a positive manner
• Builds relationships with internal business partners
Minimum Educational/Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, analytics, data science or related field, or equivalent combination of experience and education
• Minimum 3 years in a marketing and/or ecommerce analytics role; experience working in a testing/ optimization program a plus
• Experience using Adobe Analytics required, i.e. creating reports, identifying and managing technical updates, ensuring data accuracy
• Hands-on experience with a testing tool (i.e. Adobe Target, Optimizely, Google Optimize) and experience with Tableau (or other BI tools) or Google Analytics a plus
• Experience working in a retail environment; experience with high-end, niche, or design-driven markets such as lighting or home furnishings a plus
• Strong oral and written communication skills