Lumens and YLighting comprise the YDesign Group family of online-led retail brands offering the best in modern and contemporary lighting, furniture, fans and home décor accessories to design-driven consumers and trade professionals.
Lumens.com, launched in 2004, is a leading online retail brand in lighting, modern furniture and home décor accessories. YLighting.com launched in 2001 and is the foremost modern lighting retailer in North America. Through both sites, our brands bring an unparalleled selection of modern design for retail consumers and trade professionals and have established YDesign Group as an ecommerce pioneer and leader in lighting and mid-market and luxury home goods.
Today, YDesign Group is a high-growth, innovative company at the forefront of good design. We’re looking for top talent with a shared vision around bringing the world’s best design products to discerning customers while seizing the opportunity to make a difference and impact the direction of the company. We are obsessed with our customers, play to win and believe in a great today and even better tomorrow. The future is bright at Lumens and YLighting.
Check us out here:
YDesign Group is looking for a process-driven, self-motivated individual to join our team as we expand our product catalog with the best in design. This position will specialize in the item master data, maintained in our Product Information Management system, to improve data quality, identify opportunities to improve merchandising product content, and establish consistent product information as a data steward. This individual will partner across Merchandising, Operations, Publishing and Vendors to drive projects to completion and gain product expertise to create high quality product pages.
We are looking for someone with a passion for good design who is excited about bringing products to life online to create a word-class shopping experience for our customers. Candidates who use critical thinking to strike a balance between analytics and creativity, have high attention to detail, and enjoy a collaborative workplace will thrive in this role.
• Partner with Vendors and Merchants to obtain all available product data and corresponding digital assets and images
• Organize, transform and enhance product data for new and existing products
• Serve as the subject matter expert for the poduct catalog and drive multiple nuanced projects while effectively collaborating with internal stakeholders
• Work closely with our Site Merchandising and Customer Service teams and conduct competitive research to identify/enhance product information to improve and lead the customer experience through our Product Detail Pages and Product Result Pages.
• Independently drive process to acquire data and build relationships with external vendors to fill necessary gaps
• Leverage existing and new data sources to ensure better data hygiene
• Manage publishing project requests and follow through from creation to execution
• Perform Quality Assurance of new product pages, verifying that all data points and images are correct and applicable, to ensure best customer experience
Key Performance Metrics:
• Meet agreed upon goals for new product launches and accuracy
• Meet new brands budget annually
• Exemplify our Core Values
• Results focused, can handle multiple projects and priorities
• Understanding of online shopping / ecommerce
• Ability to work independently and in teams
• Resourceful and self-driven with strong work ethic
• Scrappy – ability to get things done within the constraints of a growing business
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Loves design and has a passion about being part of this company
• 2+ years of experience in merchandising, ecommerce, or similar analytical role
• Strong organizational, analytical, project management, and problem-solving skills
• Attention to detail with an ability to identify errors and suggest solutions
• Proficiency with Excel and comfortable working with and manipulating large amounts of data
• Strong work ethic and team-first attitude
• Preferred experience in ecommerce and home furnishings/furniture
• BA/BS or Equivalent
Location: Sacramento, CA or Walnut Creek, Ca – open to remote for the right candidate
Compensation: Competitive Base Salary
Benefits: access to health benefits + 401K + 3 weeks annual paid time off