Lumens and YLighting comprise the YDesign Group family of online-led retail brands offering the best in modern and contemporary lighting, furniture, fans and home décor accessories to design-driven consumers and trade professionals.
Lumens.com, launched in 2004, is a leading online retail brand in lighting, modern furniture and home décor accessories. YLighting.com launched in 2001 and is the foremost modern lighting retailer in North America. Through both sites, our brands bring an unparalleled selection of modern design for retail consumers and trade professionals and have established YDesign Group as an ecommerce pioneer and leader in lighting and mid-market and luxury home goods.
Today, YDesign Group is a high-growth, innovative company at the forefront of good design. We’re looking for top talent with a shared vision around bringing the world’s best design products to discerning customers while seizing the opportunity to make a difference and impact the direction of the company. We are obsessed with our customers, play to win and believe in a great today and even better tomorrow. The future is bright at Lumens and YLighting.
Check us out here:
The YDesign Group Product Management team is in search of a highly motivated and experienced Project Manager to manage a diverse set of programs and projects to advance the Y brands’ user experience.
We’re looking for someone with a proven track record of driving e-commerce projects to successful completion. Ideal candidate must be able to work with and communicate to a variety of business stakeholders and technical team members within a dynamic, hyper-growth environment. As part of a rapidly growing company, the Project Manager will be charged with contributing to and championing significant projects to keep the brand on pace to meet strategic organizational goals.
• Author and manage multiple project plans, schedules, and resources. Ensure project status, risks and open issues are documented and all stakeholders are informed in a timely manner
• Coordinate full project lifecycle, from requirements definition phase, through to QA and postproduction release management
• Work closely with engineering, system engineering, site operations and product management teams to track deliverables and to hit milestones as outlined in the project plan
• Drive cross-functional team deliverables, schedules, hitting target milestones and managing assigned projects according to plan
• Communicate weekly status and completion of deliverables to overall team, and ensure that roadblocks and open issues are removed
• Coordinate product roadmap with Product Management and drive teams to meet the milestones outlined in the plan
• Work with web operations team to align schedules and release dates to meet deadlines, identifying risks and removing roadblocks for team members
• Expertise in developing detailed plans for complex projects, with changing requirements, limited resources, and fixed deadlines
• Ability to understand technical issues at a sufficiently deep level to identify gaps
• Strong verbal and written communication and follow up skills
• Excellent people skills: relationship building, negotiation and collaboration in a cross-functional team comprised of diverse personalities, skills set and levels of experience
• Experienced in software development and project/program management fundamentals (Software Development Life Cycles and Quality Processes, Scope, Cost, Schedule, Deliverables, Change Management, Risk Management).
• Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills conducive to collaboration.
• Problem and conflict solving abilities, influencing people across organization and levels
• Passion for effective processes, methodologies and tools that will improve the productivity of the organization.
• Track record of leading development efforts on successful product releases. Project management and synchronization involving multiple teams
• Ability to ramp up on new technologies and new service domains quickly. Strong understanding of online services and web services technology is a core requirement
• BS/MS degree is a must
• Experience as a Scrum Master (or equivalent experience with other agile methodologies) a plus.
• Experience with SalesForce Commerce Cloud a plus.
• Interest in modern interiors/design not required, but a bonus
Location: Walnut Creek, Ca
Compensation: Competitive Base Salary
Benefits: access to health benefits + 401K + 3 weeks annual paid time off