Lumens and YLighting comprise the YDesign Group family of online-led retail brands offering the best in modern and contemporary lighting, furniture, fans and home décor accessories to design-driven consumers and trade professionals.
Lumens.com, launched in 2004, is a leading online retail brand in lighting, modern furniture and home décor accessories. YLighting.com launched in 2001 and is the foremost modern lighting retailer in North America. Through both sites, our brands bring an unparalleled selection of modern design for retail consumers and trade professionals and have established YDesign Group as an ecommerce pioneer and leader in lighting and mid-market and luxury home goods.
Today, YDesign Group is a high-growth, innovative company at the forefront of good design. We’re looking for top talent with a shared vision around bringing the world’s best design products to discerning customers while seizing the opportunity to make a difference and impact the direction of the company. We are obsessed with our customers, play to win and believe in a great today and even better tomorrow. The future is bright at Lumens and YLighting.
Check us out here:
Do you love using your retail experience and data insights to improve the customer experience? Does finding ways to do things more efficiently and accurately get you motivated? If you answered Yes to both, then we want you on our team! We are looking for a curious, driven, smart, analytical person who knows data and retail and wants to use those skills to improve our customer experience.
The Operations team is looking for someone with strong quantitative analysis skills, a bit of SQL/MySQL coding and a lot of business savviness to join our team. We operate as an internal consulting team working to use data and knowledge to redefine our processes and tools in support of making continuous improvements to our customer experience. We want you to think critically about the complex challenges of an ecommerce company who works with hundreds of vendors to fulfill hundreds of thousands of customer orders across multiple product categories with varying lead times.
• Collaborate with leaders of functional areas (Customer Service, Merchandising, Vendor Account Managers, Finance, etc.) to identify opportunities to refine our availability and fulfillment logic to operate more efficiently and effectively.
• Gain alignment on new approaches and work closely with our key business stakeholders and technology partners to define requirements, plan, and deploy new capabilities.
• Analyze data using Excel, MySQL, and Tableau to support decision making and develop reporting dashboards to monitor performance against goals with a focus on inventory metrics and order-to-ship-to-delivery date accuracy.
• Become a subject matter expert in our end-to-end product availability components enabling you to recommend and lead improvement initiatives.
• Experience in inventory planning, logistics, order fulfillment or retail analysis
• Minimum of 3+ years of hands-on experience conducting quantitative analyses on large data sets on an independent basis
• Highly Proficient with Excel (Pivot Tables, Lookup functions, Index/Match functions) required and experience with Tableau a real plus.
• Proficient knowledge of MySQL or other structured programming language(s)
• Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
• Superior communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross-functional partners
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Analytics, Statistics, Economics, or other quantitative discipline field with strong record of academic achievement.
• Ecommerce or retail analytics experience a strong plus
• Experience managing projects, including process improvement initiatives
• Comfort with ambiguity, ability to take a vague problem and drive material results
• Demonstrated ability to influence others and coach a diverse team to drive process change
Location: Walnut Creek, CA or Sacramento, CA
Compensation: Competitive Base Salary
Benefits: access to health benefits + 401K + 3 weeks annual paid time off