Do you love using your retail experience and data insights to improve the customer experience? Does finding ways to do things more efficiently or accurately get you motivated? If you answered Yes to both, then we want you on our team! We are looking for a curious, driven, smart, analytical person who knows data and retail and wants to use those skills to improve our customer experience.
The Operations and Business Intelligence team is looking for someone with strong quantitative analysis, a little bit of SQL/MySQL coding and some business savviness to join our team. We operate as an internal consulting team working to use data and knowledge to redefine our processes and tools in support of making continuous improvements to our customer experience. We want you to think critically about the complex challenges of an ecommerce company who works with hundreds of vendors to fulfill thousands of customer orders across multiple product categories with varying lead times.
What You’ll Do:
• Collaborate with leaders of functional areas (Customer Service, Merchandising, Vendor Account Managers, Finance, etc.) to identify opportunities to operate more efficiently and effectively.
• Gain alignment on new approaches and work closely with our key business stakeholders and technology partners to define requirements, plan and deploy new capabilities.
• Analyze data using MySQL, Excel and Tableau to support decision making and develop reporting dashboards to monitor performance against goals.
What You Have:
• Experience in analytics, business intelligence or data science performing quantitative analysis
• Hands-on experience conducting quantitative analyses on large data sets
• Proficient with Excel (Pivot Tables, Lookup functions, Index/Match functions) required and experience with Tableau a plus.
• Proficient knowledge of MySQL or other structured programming language(s)
• Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
• Superior communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross-functional partners
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Analytics, Statistics, Economics, Management or other quantitative discipline field with strong record of academic achievement. Advanced degree a plus.
• Ecommerce or retail analytics experience a strong plus
• Experience managing projects, including process improvement initiatives
• Comfort with ambiguity, ability to take a vague problem and drive material results
• Passion for technology and a keen interest in ecommerce
• Demonstrated ability to influence others and coach a diverse team to drive process change
About YDesign Group:
YDesign Group is an online-led retailer offering the best in modern and contemporary lighting, furnishings and home décor to design driven consumers and trade professionals. Through the Lumens and YLighting brands we inspire customers to confidently fulfill their interior design visions by providing them an incomparable experience: a combination of products, advice, inspiration, site design and services that no competitor can match.
We are uncompromising in our customer experience and team-oriented as we work towards organizational results together.