YDesign Group is a family of online-led retail brands offering the best in modern and contemporary lighting, fans, furniture and home décor accessories to design-driven consumers and trade professionals.
Our flagship brand YLighting launched in 2001 and is the foremost modern lighting retailer in North America. Our selection is expansive, but curated to offer the best in the industry, from top international brands, to emerging studios to iconic names in design. In 2016, YDesign Group acquired Lumens, a leading multi-channel retail brand in lighting, modern furniture and home décor accessories. Together, the YDesign Group retail brands bring an unparalleled selection of modern design for retail consumers and trade professionals.
Our difference is our commitment to an incomparable customer experience, including expert advice from our in-house team of professionals, plus service, support and inspiration throughout our customers’ projects.
Check us out here:
• Lead the marketing design team, providing mentorship, support, strategy, and oversight as needed
• Design, develop, maintain and optimize engaging and on-brand homepages, landing pages, emails, and other digital assets as needed
• Work closely with the Marketing, Merchandising and UX teams to plan, execute and maintain accurate and compelling site marketing assets in support of various marketing campaigns
• Create wireframes, mockups and prototypes for web projects; these include landing pages, content pages, email and other pages as needed on the website
• Work with third-party vendors and UX team to ensure a consistent and user-friendly mobile experience
• Maintain, improve, and enforce YDesign Group design guidelines, working closely with the Brand Marketing and web design teams, to ensure all deliverables are on brand and consistent
• Provide design leadership across all digital channels, including YLighting.com, Lumens.com, YDesignGroup.com, email marketing, YLighting.com/blog, social networks, etc.
• Continuously improve YDG’s web design process, workflow, and toolset
• Maintain the YDesign Group corporate site, making design and technical updates as needed
• Onboard and mentor new designers, including training on internal systems, processes and best practices, as needed
• Research and apply design practices, identifying problems and proposing creative solutions; use of audit applications
• Manage a high volume of requests while meeting project deadlines and demonstrating a commitment to accuracy and thoroughness.
• Document processes, overall execution of creative strategy and best practices.
• Support UX team as needed, providing occasional wireframes, UI design, and creative reviews to ensure adherence to brand standards
• Execute and analyze site marketing A|B tests as needed
• Create routine performance reports and additional ad hoc analyses as requested
• Knowledgeable on industry trends, competitors and updates to key internal systems
• Support all digital creative produced under the umbrella of the Site Marketing + Optimization team—to include timeliness, quality and adherence to design guidelines
• Guidance of creative producers on design guidelines across the sites and in digital and promotional print creative
• Propose and develop fresh and evolving design aesthetics, promoting the sites as authorities in design to their respective customers
• 50% – Web design prototyping and development
• 20% – Design Team support, mentorship and oversight
• 15% – Digital asset production
• 15% – Communication, meetings
• Responsive/Mobile-first design
• Design standards and systems
• The latest design and front-end development trend
Education & Experience Requirements:
• BA/BS degree in Graphic Design, Web Design, Multimedia or similar preferred
• Other certification or 5+ years equivalent experience in a design-related field
• Minimum 5 years of visual design experience
• Experience working with ecommerce or Content Management System
• Experience working with Email Service Providers (ESPs)
• Advanced understanding of HTML and CSS
• Extensive experience designing responsive email and web designs
• Expert command of industry-standard design applications, including Illustrator, Photoshop, and UI/UX design software (i.e. Sketch, Figma, UX Pin, or Adobe XD)
• Communicate effectively across functions in the organization
• Collaborate with team members
• Work professionally with upper management, direct reports and all levels of the organization
• Provide training and education as it relates to key responsibilities
Location: The Site Marketing team members are split between our Sacramento and Walnut Creek, CA offices and we are currently working remotely. Once it is safe to return to our offices, the Sr. Web Designer could work from our Sacramento office or the Walnut Creek office, with the expectation of travel to Sacramento periodically as needed.