Lumens and YLighting comprise the YDesign Group family of online-led retail brands offering the best in modern and contemporary lighting, furniture, fans and home décor accessories to design-driven consumers and trade professionals.
Lumens.com, launched in 2004, is a leading online retail brand in lighting, modern furniture and home décor accessories. YLighting.com launched in 2001 and is the foremost modern lighting retailer in North America. Through both sites, our brands bring an unparalleled selection of modern design for retail consumers and trade professionals and have established YDesign Group as an ecommerce pioneer and leader in lighting and mid-market and luxury home goods.
Today, YDesign Group is a high-growth, innovative company at the forefront of good design. We’re looking for top talent with a shared vision around bringing the world’s best design products to discerning customers while seizing the opportunity to make a difference and impact the direction of the company. We are obsessed with our customers, play to win and believe in a great today and even better tomorrow. The future is bright at Lumens and YLighting.
Check us out here:
YDesign Group is hiring an SEO Program Manager to drive growth in our SEO program and lead a small team of passionate marketers. Optimizing for organic traffic has always been core to our marketing strategy, and all levels of the company are vested in the success of SEO.
The SEO Program Manager is a key leader on the Performance Marketing team and will shape our future SEO strategy across technical SEO, content, and backlinking initiatives. The SEO Program Manager will develop a program that drives growth in organic revenue and ensures YDG is recognized as a leader and authority in our space. S/he will:
– Partner with the Brand Marketing team on overall content strategy and develop a specific content strategy for SEO both onsite and offsite (content syndication)
– Partner with the Site team on SEO improvements across product attributes, LHN, product hierarchy, product naming, etc.
– Define the Technical SEO roadmap including site speed/performance improvements and work with the Product and Technology teams to prioritize technical SEO tickets for every release and QA site updates for SEO compatibility
– Work with the Marketing and Merchandising teams to ensure onsite content and internal linking best practices are implemented on all web pages and marketing promotions
– Engage with third-party vendors to ensure SEO tools are fully optimized
– Create a focused Backlinking strategy and execution plan in order to obtain high quality backlinks from high domain authority sites
– Lead, manage and develop a small team
This data-driven and analytical SEO leader will establish targets for key SEO metrics, and measure performance improvements against those targets.
Key job duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Define and align SEO strategy across Marketing, Merchandising, Product, Technology, and Site Experience teams
• Lead the Technical SEO roadmap planning process, converting strategies into a single SEO product delivery roadmap that is aligned with program goals. Develop and communicate detailed Technical SEO business requirements
• Research SEO best practices and Google algorithm updates to understand the implications of site projects; partner with the Product and Technology teams to communicate SEO best practices for web development; participate in the site release process to QA projects in the releases for SEO compatibility
• Develop onsite product and content optimization plans with the Brand and Site teams
• Lead, develop and measure the SEO content strategy
• Create a focused backlinking strategy and execution plan in order to obtain high quality backlinks from high domain authority sites.
• Own SEO related tools (Bloomreach, Conductor, etc.), and constantly leverage to monitor SEO-related issues, performance, and program opportunities
• Establish targets for key SEO metrics, and measure performance improvements against those targets; develop monthly reporting to show progress against goals including activity metrics
• Responsible for team development and morale
• Inform company of industry updates; be proactive in SEO research and engaging with SEO blogs / forums to keep ahead of the curve and up-to-date on industry changes.
Minimum Educational/Experience Requirements:
• 5+ years of SEO experience, preferably within e-commerce / retail space
• Demonstrated strength in analytical abilities
• Team management experience
• Experience in working cross-functionally effectively in a mid-size organization (100 – 250 FTE)
• Ability to develop SEO strategy, break down to achievable tasks/projects, set goals, regularly measure progress against goals, and reprioritize as needed
• Results oriented with a growth mindset
• Strong organizational skills
• Capable of flexibly working across multiple software applications and projects
• Takes initiative; is resourceful in finding solutions
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Comfortable in a dynamic, growing company environment
• A personal interest in modern design, furniture and home furnishings is encouraged