YDesign Group is a family of online-led retail brands offering the best in modern and contemporary lighting, fans, furniture and home décor accessories to design-driven consumers and trade professionals.
Our flagship brand YLighting launched in 2001 and is the foremost modern lighting retailer in North America. Our selection is expansive, but curated to offer the best in the industry, from top international brands, to emerging studios to iconic names in design. In 2016, YDesign Group acquired Lumens, a leading multi-channel retail brand in lighting, modern furniture, and home décor accessories. Together, the YDesign Group retail brands bring an unparalleled selection of modern design for retail consumers and trade professionals.
Our difference is our commitment to an incomparable customer experience, including expert advice from our in-house team of professionals, plus service, support, and inspiration throughout our customers’ projects.
Check us out here:
The Brand Marketing team is searching for a Social Media Specialist for the Brand Content team who will execute social media campaigns that support Lumens.com brand-based awareness, acquisition, and engagement marketing campaigns. This candidate will execute all elements of our social strategy, from content and copy creation to community management for both our consumer and trade channels. This position will work collaboratively with our brand content team and report directly to our Manager, Brand Content.
• Leverage social channels (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, etc.) to support the company’s user acquisition engagement/retention goals
• Support channel strategies and content calendars created by the Manager, Brand Content, including launching our presence across new and emerging social channels.
• Monitor and engage with community members on our social channels, including company-owned pages and relevant design community pages and forums.
• Respond to social media shares and comments, including customer inquiries
• Moderate user-generated content feed and secure permissions for distribution
• Support the Manager, Brand Content with social summary reports for the marketing team that highlight trending and actionable social content, engagement, and other key metrics.
• Work with internal creative resources to develop copy and graphic content within our brand guidelines that accurately represents the brand voice, tone, and graphic standards to deploy across social channels (Posts, stories, boards, etc).
• Identify and evaluate new opportunities, platforms, and tools for social
• Monitor fan sentiment and trends; be the eyes and ears of our brand
• Monitor industry and key competition
• 1+ years managing social media platforms or communities for brands
• Experience with multiple social media channels
• Experience using a social scheduler, like Hootsuite
• Excellent communication skills, including experience writing in the context of brand voice + tone.
• Willing to take initiative and ownership to get the job done
• Passion for all things social, constantly searching for success across social channels.
• Strong aptitude for multitasking projects & tight deadlines
• Basic knowledge of key metrics related to social platforms
• Passion for developing and fostering community input and managing customer satisfaction
• Background in ecommerce a plus
• Bachelor’s degree. Marketing focus is a plus
• Knowledge of design history, interior design themes a plus