The Sourcing Manager will be responsible to lead the execution and the monitoring of the private label product assortment strategy at YDesign Group to meet launch deadlines, revenue and margin plan. The Sourcing Manager will be working closely with the Merchants, the Planning team, the Logistics team and our Vendor/Manufacturer community to meet these goals.
Working under the direction of VP of Merchandising and in conjunction with the Merchant team, the Sourcing Manager will collaborate in the execution and monitoring of the product development and production of Lighting and Furniture private label programs.
• Identify, cultivate and maintain new and existing supplier relationships both domestically and internationally.
- Evaluate the current supplier portfolio and introduce new suppliers to balance the sourcing matrix with strategic goals for growth.
- Develop agency network to monitor offshore suppliers regarding product development, costing, sampling, testing, packaging, production, QA and logistics. Ensure all standards are met.
- Develop robust supplier manual in partnership with our Operations team.
• Work closely with the Merchant team and vendors on product development and coordinate with suppliers who can best execute our aesthetics and meet target costs.
- Allocate designs to appropriate sources with support growth strategies.
- Deliver aesthetically correct samples that meet merchandising vision. Coordinate sample needs.
- Maintain the design and production calendar to ensure on time deliveries.
- Manage the product development and approval process and ensure vendors follow protocol.
• Work closely with Marketing to develop needed creative assets: images, content, etc.
• Work closely with vendors to provide data sheet to Product Content team to publish new products to our websites.
• Develop strategies to reduce core product lead times and deliver fast to customers.
• Strategically source, allocate and negotiate cost and deliveries. Improve IMU and reduce lead times.
• Monitor production process by reviewing weekly production status reports and maintain reports. Communicate to teams on delivery status. Anticipate and resolve issues.
• Work closely with Finance team to analyze returns and replacements and identify opportunities to reduce costs.
• Work closely with our DCs to review returns-develop plans for damage reductions. Identify inferior quality source and chargeback.
• Review, develop and expand our QC standards and testing protocol.
Key Performance Metrics:
• Meet agreed upon private label revenue and margin goals.
• Exemplify YDesign Group’s Core Values.
Other Role Requirements:
• Travel up to 20% of time.
• Location – Walnut Creek, California or Sacramento, California
• Results focused, can handle multiple projects and priorities
• Effective communicator with internal and external parties, ability to work in/with cross functional teams
• Analytical and intellectually curious
• Resourceful and self-driven with strong work ethic
• Detail oriented and driven by deadlines and high sense of urgency
• Scrappy – get things done within the constraints of a growing business
• Proactive approach to problem solving, adapt quickly to changes
• Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
• Ability to negotiate and sustain networking relationships
• Proven project management and leadership skills
• 3+ years’ experience in Lighting & Furniture sourcing and product development
• Understanding of raw materials properties, wood, metals, and finishes
• Understanding of manufacturing processes with UL knowledge a plus
• Knowledge of product packaging and product testing
• Logistics and supply chain management and coordination experience
• BA or equivalent education and experience