YDesign Group is a family of online-led retail brands offering the best in modern and contemporary lighting, fans, furniture and home décor accessories to design-driven consumers and trade professionals.
Our flagship brand YLighting launched in 2001 and is the foremost modern lighting retailer in North America. Our selection is expansive, but curated to offer the best in the industry, from top international brands, to emerging studios to iconic names in design. In 2016, YDesign Group acquired Lumens, a leading multi-channel retail brand in lighting, modern furniture and home décor accessories. Together, the YDesign Group retail brands bring an unparalleled selection of modern design for retail consumers and trade professionals.
Our difference is our commitment to an incomparable customer experience, including expert advice from our in-house team of professionals, plus service, support and inspiration throughout our customers’ projects.
Check us out here:
YDesign Group is seeking an experienced marketing analyst to lead customer and channel analytics to develop insights that will continually optimize marketing performance. In addition, this person will be responsible for the accuracy of marketing tagging/tracking and data. This is an opportunity for an analytics professional to make an impact in our growing business and take on new challenges at an exciting time at YDesign Group.
Reporting to the head of Performance Marketing, and with a strong relationship to the central analytics team, the Sr. Analyst of Marketing Technology & Analytics will be a hands-on analyst, regularly pulling data, performing analyses and delivering actionable insights to the CMO and marketing team, to support growth and optimization across all channels, including digital to print (catalog). He/she will also build a thorough analytics framework for understanding New and Repeat customer behavior across our three segments (Consumer, Trade and Contract, and contribute to strategies to impact, improve and monitor RFM.
The Marketing team is primarily based in our Sacramento CA office and we are currently working remotely. We will consider both local and remote candidates for this role.
• Lead ideation and prioritization of opportunities to profitably grow our business via analyses of activities and opportunities across various marketing channels, including SEM, SEO, Shopping/feed programs, Marketplaces, Email, Affiliates, Retargeting, Social, Print, Lead Generation, etc. Prioritize analyses and recommendations by modeling expectation of benefit
• Develop new KPI’s/valuations for top-of-funnel marketing activities in addition to conversion-based metrics; support testing and analysis of top-of-funnel activities on other marketing channels
• Develop and share deeper understanding of customer behavior, including New and Repeat, segment (Consumer, Trade, Contract), RFM, geography, etc. and develop strategies and recommendations for ways to communicate better with various customers along their journey
• Keep our web marketing tracking/tagging up to date in GTM and maintain phone tracking in the Invoca platform, and ensure accuracy of data flowing into Adobe Analytics and our main data warehouse (Tableau). Ensure accuracy of marketing reporting. Work closely with central analytics team to ensure ongoing stability and accuracy of marketing data
• Ensure B2B leads can be tracked from application through to purchase, from both web and phone channels, working in various platforms (Adobe Analytics, Netsuite, Invoca). Regularly report on performance of B2B leads by source
• Support the development, launch and ongoing reporting for a new loyalty program
• Research and recommend new marketing technologies/services to optimize our marketing efforts; support implementation and testing of these programs. Measure and report on results.
• Build and manage marketing analytics and technology capabilities across bidding, applied machine learning, programmatic marketing, multi-touch attribution models and RFM measures
• Develop and embrace new best practices and build a continuous improvement culture
The ideal candidate:
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of current marketing analytics, tools and technologies, and the ability to conduct rigorous data analyses to make recommendations that will impact the business via optimization of marketing activities.
• Ability to understand marketing strategy and translate data into actionable insights to drive growth
• Insatiable curiosity about what drives our business and how to make it better; constantly asks why and why not?
• Demonstrates strong critical thinking with urgency and problem-solving skills
• Comfortable managing ambiguity, change and multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Approaches tasks with optimism and a forward-thinking approach
• Comfortable pulling data, building reports and analyzing large sets of data across website and marketing channels with a highly analytical view.
• Obsessed with customers and getting it right for them
Minimum Educational/Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of experience and education. MBA a plus
• Minimum 5 years marketing analytics experience. Adobe Analytics expertise preferable.
• Comfortable tracking down data and working with large data sets
• Experience using Excel, Supermetrics, Tableau or other BI tools to pull and manipulate data for analyses, as well as working with data from marketing platforms (Google AdWords, Facebook Business Manager, etc.)
• Demonstrated ability to draw actionable insights from marketing channel and customer data, for both B2C and B2B businesses
• Experience using and/or developing attribution models to assess channel performance and interactions
• Ecommerce/retail experience a plus
• Strong oral and written communication skills; thoughtful, clear writer and communicator