YDesign Group is a family of online-led retail brands offering the best in modern and contemporary lighting, fans, furniture and home décor accessories to design-driven consumers and trade professionals.
Our flagship brand YLighting launched in 2001 and is the foremost modern lighting retailer in North America. Our selection is expansive, but curated to offer the best in the industry, from top international brands, to emerging studios to iconic names in design. In 2016, YDesign Group acquired Lumens, a leading multi-channel retail brand in lighting, modern furniture and home décor accessories. Together, the YDesign Group retail brands bring an unparalleled selection of modern design for retail consumers and trade professionals.
Our difference is our commitment to an incomparable customer experience, including expert advice from our in-house team of professionals, plus service, support and inspiration throughout our customers’ projects.
Check us out here:
YDesign Group is seeking a results oriented, collaborative and analytical Sr Director, Digital Marketing who has a passion for and demonstrated track record of building great teams and delivering profitable growth while keeping the customer-brand connection in mind. This is an opportunity to quickly make an impact, be visible to the C-suite leadership and take on a new challenge at an exciting time at YDesign Group.
Located in Sacramento, CA and reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, the Sr Director, Digital Marketing role will be a hands-on, team first leader who will optimize and scale current digital marketing channels while testing into net new growth opportunities to grow the business. This role is responsible for ensuring continual improvement in performance advertising results.
· Develop and lead a best in class marketing team that can scale the business.
· Lead the Digital Marketing team, and work with supporting teams (such as web, analytics and martech), and vendors to launch campaigns on time and on budget.
· Set and drive the strategy for new and different ways and/or channels through which we can grow the business, through an agile test-and-learn methodology.
· Drive aggressive, profitable web customer acquisition and retention revenue growth through:
· ROI/CPC channel strategies across the demand generation funnel including Text SEM, PLAs, Retargeting and Affiliates.
· Strategies to optimize SEO-Organic traffic programs.
· Email campaigns: Broadcast, Lifecycle, Abandoned
· Social campaigns including paid, content-social-community and influencer marketing strategies, across channels such as Pinterest, Houzz and Instagram.
· Marketplace marketing experience a plus (Google, Amazon, Houzz).
· Agency relationship management.
· Build and manage marketing analytics and technology capabilities across bidding, applied machine learning, programmatic marketing, multi-touch attribution models and RFM measures.
· Develop and embrace new best practices and build a continuous improvement culture.
Education and Certifications/Licenses/Credentials
· Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, finance, engineering or related field, or equivalent combination of experience and education. MBA a plus
· Minimum 10 years digital marketing experience in high-growth companies
· Experience managing various performance marketing channels (i.e. paid search and social, SEO, retargeting, programmatic display and/or video, etc.)
Critical Success Factors
· Experience using and/or developing attribution models to assess channel performance and interactions
· Experience owning and managing an 8-figure digital marketing budget, creating forecasts and delivering on program revenue and cost performance commitments
· Knows retail and understands how to manage high volume, retail marketing promotion cycles
· Consumer and Prosumer Marketing Experience. B2B experience a plus
· Industry Experience: Online Retail, Luxury Retail, Furnishings
· Strong oral and written communication skills; thoughtful, clear writer
· Experience with high-end, niche, or design-driven markets such as lighting or home furnishings a plus
Functional Competencies /Leadership/Personal Characteristics:
· Strong team player who can develop, mentor and support a diverse, highly talented, engaged team
· Leads and influences others in a positive manner
· Influences business partners to better understand the customer experience within the department and enterprise-wide
· Inspires team members to innovate, take risks and continue improving the quality and value of the work provided to the internal customers
· Builds relationships to align efforts with internal business partners
· Comfortable managing ambiguity, change and multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Remains calm under pressure; comfortable addressing difficult situations
· Works both strategically and hands-on
· Possesses proven organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and manage competing demands
· Delivers against business goals, establishes strategy and objectives, and leads team to execute marketing plans
· Demonstrates strong critical thinking with urgency and problem-solving skills
· Approaches tasks with optimism and a forward-thinking approach
· Comfortable pulling data, building reports and analyzing large sets of data across website and marketing channels with a highly analytical view.
· Proven ability to establish a data-driven, hypothesis test-and-learn approach to marketing. Has a passion for innovation and utilizing a structured testing approach to find new wins.
· Obsessed with customers and getting it right for them