YDesign Group is a family of online-led retail brands offering the best in modern and contemporary lighting, fans, furniture and home décor accessories to design-driven consumers and trade professionals.
Our flagship brand YLighting launched in 2001 and is the foremost modern lighting retailer in North America. Our selection is expansive, but curated to offer the best in the industry, from top international brands, to emerging studios to iconic names in design. In 2016, YDesign Group acquired Lumens, a leading multi-channel retail brand in lighting, modern furniture, and home décor accessories. Together, the YDesign Group retail brands bring an unparalleled selection of modern design for retail consumers and trade professionals.
Our difference is our commitment to an incomparable customer experience, including expert advice from our in-house team of professionals, plus service, support, and inspiration throughout our customers’ projects.
Check us out here:
YDesign Group is seeking a seasoned Senior Manager eCommerce Systems Back-end Development who would develop and enhance our core eCommerce back-end platform stack comprised primarily of ERP (NetSuite) systems, PIM (Product information Management) systems, inventory management systems and several SaaS based integrations. The candidate must have experience leading eCommerce platform implementations, with proven ability in architecting and delivering scalable solutions in terms of functionality, usability, performance, and data quality in addition to leading team of developers in an onshore/offshore setting.
• Provide technical solutioning and drive development of our strategic roadmap in various business functional areas e.g., sales, customer service, logistics, supply chain and finance.
• Design for scale, functional sophistication, usability, performance, data integrity and security.
• Lead developers in a global setting and drives technical implementation.
• Responsible for on-time delivery, deliverable quality, and application support.
• Perform hands-on development and application support of core platforms components.
• Collaborate with Analytics teams in supporting our data strategy, data quality goals.
• Research newer Technology solutions to problems, drive creative and innovative thinking to solutions, develop proof-of-concepts.
• Drive and adhere to best practices in development lifecycle, be a champion of change.
• 10+ years hands-on experience with backend eCommerce platform stack. Strong technical and functional expertise in product data systems, inventory systems, order-to-cash flow, supply chain Logistics and ERP systems (NetSuite).
• Strong background in data management, quality, and governance principles.
• 7+ years hands-on experience with SQL and databases development e.g., MySQL, SQL Server
• 10+ years hands-on experience in developing scalable solutions in a SOA framework.
• Experience with ESBs, Message Queues, SaaS integrations, Distributed systems.
• Proficiency with Linux OS, Windows OS.
• Proficiency Office tools –e.g., Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio.
• Experience in working in fast paced, Agile development environment.
• Experience leading a team of developers.
• Proficiency with collaboration tools e.g., Git, Jira, Confluence or equivalent.
• Proficiency with any Reporting tool e.g., Power BI, Tableau.
• Experience with Internationalization is a plus.
• Analytical and data driven. Ability to understand metrics, business context, decisioning and reasoning.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Obsessed with customers and getting it right for them
• Innovative thinker who balances creativity and technical solutioning with driving business results
• Comfortable managing ambiguity, change and multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Remains calm under pressure
• Works both strategically and hands-on, ability to influence others
• Possesses proven technical skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and manage competing demands and prioritize based on project impact and importance
• Delivers against business goals, establishes data strategy and objectives
• Demonstrates strong critical thinking with urgency and creative problem-solving skills
• Approaches tasks with optimism and a forward-thinking approach