YDesign Group is a family of online-led retail brands offering the best in modern and contemporary lighting, fans, furniture and home décor accessories to design-driven consumers and trade professionals.
Our flagship brand YLighting launched in 2001 and is the foremost modern lighting retailer in North America. Our selection is expansive, but curated to offer the best in the industry, from top international brands, to emerging studios to iconic names in design. In 2016, YDesign Group acquired Lumens, a leading multi-channel retail brand in lighting, modern furniture, and home décor accessories. Together, the YDesign Group retail brands bring an unparalleled selection of modern design for retail consumers and trade professionals.
Our difference is our commitment to an incomparable customer experience, including expert advice from our in-house team of professionals, plus service, support, and inspiration throughout our customers’ projects.
Check us out here:
YDesign Group is seeking a seasoned Lead Solutions Architect for eCommerce Product/Catalog Management systems, Order and Inventory Management systems, who would lead development of our core eCommerce platform stack comprised of mix of home grown and commercial products, and several SaaS based integrations. The candidate must have experience leading eCommerce platform implementations with focus on above specific areas, with proven ability in architecting and delivering scalable solutions in terms of functionality, usability, performance, and data quality in addition to leading developers in an onshore/offshore setting.
• Provide technical solutioning and drive implementation of our strategic roadmap in various business functional areas e.g., PIM, order management, inventory management, logistics, supply chain and finance.
• Design for scale, functional sophistication, usability, performance, data integrity and security.
• Lead developers in a global setting and drives technical implementation.
• Responsible for on-time delivery, deliverable quality, and application support.
• Perform hands-on problem solving, analysis, development and support on core platforms components.
• Collaborate with Analytics teams in supporting our data strategy, data quality goals.
• Research newer Technology solutions to problems, drive creative and innovative thinking to solutions, develop proof-of-concepts.
• Drive and adhere to best practices in development lifecycle, be a champion of change.
• 10+ years hands-on experience in solutioning and implementing eCommerce platform stack, with strong technical and functional expertise in OMS, order-to-cash flow, PIM, inventory systems, supply chain, logistics and ERP.
• Strong background working with ERP systems (NetSuite is preferred).
• Strong background in data management, quality, and governance principles.
• 7+ years hands-on experience with SQL and databases development e.g., MySQL, SQL Server
• 10+ years hands-on experience in developing scalable solutions in a SOA framework.
• Experience with ESBs, Message Queues, SaaS integrations, Distributed systems.
• Proficiency with Linux OS, Windows OS.
• Proficiency Office tools –e.g., Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio.
• Experience in working in fast paced, Agile development environment.
• Experience leading team of developers.
• Proficiency with collaboration tools e.g., Git, Jira, Confluence or equivalent.
• Proficiency with any Reporting tool e.g., Power BI, Tableau.
• Experience with Internationalization is a plus.
• Analytical and data driven. Ability to understand metrics, business context, decisioning and reasoning.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Obsessed with customers and getting it right for them
• Innovative thinker who balances creativity and technical solutioning with driving business results
• Comfortable managing ambiguity, change and multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Remains calm under pressure
• Works both strategically and hands-on, ability to influence others
• Possesses proven technical skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and manage competing demands and prioritize based on project impact and importance
• Delivers against business goals, establishes data strategy and objectives
• Demonstrates strong critical thinking with urgency and creative problem-solving skills
• Approaches tasks with optimism and a forward-thinking approach