YDesign Group is a family of online-led retail brands offering the best in modern and contemporary lighting, fans, furniture and home décor accessories to design-driven consumers and trade professionals.
Our flagship brand YLighting launched in 2001 and is the foremost modern lighting retailer in North America. Our selection is expansive, but curated to offer the best in the industry, from top international brands, to emerging studios to iconic names in design. In 2016, YDesign Group acquired Lumens, a leading multi-channel retail brand in lighting, modern furniture, and home décor accessories. Together, the YDesign Group retail brands bring an unparalleled selection of modern design for retail consumers and trade professionals.
Our difference is our commitment to an incomparable customer experience, including expert advice from our in-house team of professionals, plus service, support, and inspiration throughout our customers’ projects.
Check us out here:
The Merchandising Specialist assist the Merchandising team in site specific merchandising and promotional maintenance, by inputting, proofing, and analyzing data for all areas of merchandising management. He/she works closely with Merchandising, Marketing, Data Maintenance, and the Product Content Teams to ensure most efficient processes and accuracy.
One of the main accountabilities is the timely execution and maintenance of promotions for our sites. This includes (but is not limited to) promotions entry in our various systems, assignment of the products to the corresponding web categories and QA of the site.
1. Promotions Set Up
• Support Marketing campaigns in the planning, execution, and management of product assignment to various sale and category folders within our ecommerce system
• Communicate with the merchant team on deadlines and priorities to meet the promotional deadlines
• Accurately track/manage and set up promotions in NetSuite and SCC for both consumer and trade websites
• Enter and monitor backend vendor discounts in internal systems
• QA the consumer and trade sites to validate accuracy of product assortment, pricing, discount and sale messaging
• Lead between merchandising and marketing on all promotional set up issues/updates/new process refinements
• Maintain and improve processes as needed to ensure efficient, timely and accurate promotion execution
2. Site Merchandising
• Assort feature/content pages and sub-categories while maintaining a consistent look and feel throughout all content pages as needed
• Work with Product Content Team Manager on special projects to help clean-up data and allow better merchandising on the site
• QA product result pages on a regular basis to:
o Identify Issues (i.e. Image missing)
o Remove products that don’t belong
3. Data Maintenance
• Entering price updates, discontinued skus, and data projects in Data Maintenance queue. Follow up on execution by Data Maintenance team
• Upkeep pricelists and vendor contacts in NetSuite
4. Catalog Assortment Maintenance
• Enter Catalog sku in master assortment spreadsheet
• Check all Catalog data against website information (Product ID, Content, Variations, Prices)
• Publish and optimize new and existing products as needed
5. Assist in Special Projects as needed. General administrative duties as assigned.
Key Performance Metrics/Accountabilities:
• Accountable for on-time & accuracy of promotions set-up
• Exemplify YDesign Group core values
Other Role Requirements:
• Location – Sacramento, California
• Attention to detail, accuracy and follow up ability are essential
• Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
• Ability to multi-task with various projects
• Excellent typing and data entry skills
• Analytical, intellectual curiosity, problem solving skills
• Basic retail math skills
• Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
• Stringent eye for detail
• Ability to work independently and in teams
• Scrappy – get things done within the constraints of a growing business
• 1 to 2 years data entry experience
• Advanced in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Suite in general
• BA Preferable