YDesign Group is a family of online-led retail brands offering the best in modern and contemporary lighting, fans, furniture and home décor accessories to design-driven consumers and trade professionals.
Our flagship brand YLighting launched in 2001 and is the foremost modern lighting retailer in North America. Our selection is expansive, but curated to offer the best in the industry, from top international brands, to emerging studios to iconic names in design. In 2016, YDesign Group acquired Lumens, a leading multi-channel retail brand in lighting, modern furniture, and home décor accessories. Together, the YDesign Group retail brands bring an unparalleled selection of modern design for retail consumers and trade professionals.
Our difference is our commitment to an incomparable customer experience, including expert advice from our in-house team of professionals, plus service, support, and inspiration throughout our customers’ projects.
Check us out here:
YDG is scaling its foundational go-to-market team for its B2B business that sells to the trade (interior designers, architects, contractors). We are looking for an account executive on our growing inside sales team. This individual will play a crucial role in building and converting new pipeline and for ensuring our customers have an incomparable relationship-based experience throughout repeat shopping, purchasing and order fulfillment processes.
The ideal candidate has prior experience in inside sales and could sell products across a number of media, including calls, chats, emails and across marketing workflows. The ideal candidate is a seasoned sales professional with exceptional phone skills, possesses some knowledge of modern design and home furnishings and embodies a passion for exceeding customer’s expectations.
• Prospect, educate and qualify leads to create sales-ready opportunities
• Establishing rapport with all levels of buyers at target companies
• Keep abreast of the industry and technologies to ensure you are a trusted resource to prospects and customers
• Ensure 100% satisfaction with all customers
• Intake sales calls, emails, chats and proactively manage new accounts to sell products across both brands
• Proactive sales pipeline management using a CRM
• Foster ongoing customer relationships that promote brand loyalty and repeat sales
Key Performance Metrics:
• Net bookings (revenue) – main
• Recurring revenue / retention
Other Role Requirements:
• Travel up to 10% (post-COVID)
• Location – preference for local (Walnut Creek, CA or Sacramento, CA), but open to any location
• Entrepreneurially driven / self-starter
• Rigorously focused on results (lead generation)
• Understands e-commerce and retail
• Commitment to sales while maintaining the highest service-level possible
• Resourceful and self-driven with strong work ethic
• Scrappy – get things done within the constraints of a growing business
• Strong analytical skills – able to organize data to identify opportunities
• Strong negotiation skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Loves design, real estate or consumer products
• Four-year degree or relevant work experience
• 5+ years experience on an inside sales team
• Previous experience with the design, home furnishing or lighting industries is preferred
• Consistent measurable over-achievement in past experiences
• High-energy, passion, and a positive attitude
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail
• Familiarity with NetSuite, and other technology systems is preferred
• Experience with order entry / management software tools and processes