YDesign Group is a family of online-led retail brands offering the best in modern and contemporary lighting, fans, furniture and home décor accessories to design-driven consumers and trade professionals.
Our flagship brand YLighting launched in 2001 and is the foremost modern lighting retailer in North America. Our selection is expansive, but curated to offer the best in the industry, from top international brands, to emerging studios to iconic names in design. In 2016, YDesign Group acquired Lumens, a leading multi-channel retail brand in lighting, modern furniture, and home décor accessories. Together, the YDesign Group retail brands bring an unparalleled selection of modern design for retail consumers and trade professionals.
Our difference is our commitment to an incomparable customer experience, including expert advice from our in-house team of professionals, plus service, support, and inspiration throughout our customers’ projects.
Check us out here:
YDG is entering a new phase of growth and innovation, with the B2B business –Architects, Designers, Contractors – at the core of this growth strategy. We hope to create the defining A&D community in the US – to become a point of resource for the US trade market – which we aim to do by expanding into new customer segments, developing community programs, enhancing our service and technology offerings, and introducing retention and account programs.
As part of this new phase of growth, we are looking for a strategic leader to develop an industry-first community for architects and designers, a place where industry professionals can find fellowship, knowledge, resources, and community. This leader will drive the creation of the strategy for this new program, working closely with cross-functional teams to define, develop, and execute community related initiatives. Driving engagement would come by way of events and other programming, building an advisory board, and developing relationships with influencers in the A&D community.
The right leader for this role has experience in community development and marketing and can create experiences and content that will grow our presence in the market and increase our share of wallet with existing customers. This is a new role, and will live on our trade marketing team, reporting directly to the Head of Trade Marketing. It is highly cross-functional, requiring partnership with fellow marketers and colleagues in product, sales and more.
• Develop and own the strategy for the A&D community initiative (trade advisory board, events, loyalty, community programming, services, and more), activating the community around a shared mission
• Meet regularly with internal stakeholders to provide community insights, updates, and guidance on ways to engage with the community
• Create an Advisory Board for trade partners, setting the mission / vision and recruiting influencer-designers
• Develop and implement community advocate programs to empower top community contributors
• Plan events and other community engagement activities across both offline and online channels, including our webinar education series, vendor roundtables and in-market events.
• Develop and own relationships with professional designer organizations, including but not limited to sponsorships, trade shows and conferences (ASID, IDS, etc.)
• Design, configure, and continually optimize the community digital experience
• Partner with the content team to develop a robust community content strategy that surfaces community stories and experiences
• Own the newly built designer services marketplace, from recruiting designers to the platform to optimizing the quality of service and managing the operations of marketplace
• Tie community engagement to key product metrics such as acquisition, activation, conversion, and retention
Key Performance Metrics:
• Trade segment performance (leads, engagement, and conversion)
• Other metrics TBD
Other Role Requirements:
• Travel up to 30% (post-COVID)
• Location – preference for local (Walnut Creek, CA or Sacramento, CA)
• Entrepreneurially driven and comfortable with a team / company in a growth phase
• Passionate about being a community advocate with a willingness to go the extra mile to serve our customers
• Self-starter: works independently with little oversight
• Comfortable working with data to solve problems and to be measured against KPIs
• Resourceful and self-driven with strong work ethic
• Understands e-commerce, retail, and design / furniture (a plus)
• 3-5+ years of related community building / management experience, across both offline and online channels
• Prior experience recruiting and managing relationships with industry leaders
• Proven experience working across marketing, merchandising and sales to execute community campaigns
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Previous experience in the design, home furnishing or lighting industries (a plus)
• Previous in a community-based association or non-profit (a plus)experience