YDesign Group is a family of online-led retail brands offering the best in modern and contemporary lighting, fans, furniture and home décor accessories to design-driven consumers and trade professionals.
Our flagship brand YLighting launched in 2001 and is the foremost modern lighting retailer in North America. Our selection is expansive, but curated to offer the best in the industry, from top international brands, to emerging studios to iconic names in design. In 2016, YDesign Group acquired Lumens, a leading multi-channel retail brand in lighting, modern furniture, and home décor accessories. Together, the YDesign Group retail brands bring an unparalleled selection of modern design for retail consumers and trade professionals.
Our difference is our commitment to an incomparable customer experience, including expert advice from our in-house team of professionals, plus service, support, and inspiration throughout our customers’ projects.
Check us out here:
YDesign Group, the leading e-tailer in the high-end lighting, furniture, and home décor space, is looking for an experienced Transportation Analyst with a strong track record in parcel and freight shipping. With $9M+ in annual carrier spend, and a 25%+ projected growth rate through 2022, we are looking for an experienced Transportation Analyst who can help us reduce transportation spend and optimize our distribution model. If you have a passion for transportation analysis and are interested in joining a winning team of industry leading e-tail professionals, please read on!
• Gather data from a variety of applications, in a variety of formats and develop parcel and freight transportation reports for weekly, monthly, and quarterly distribution.
• Develop and distribute weekly, monthly and quarterly transportation reporting
• Analysis of Parcel Carrier Accessorial Charges:
o Isolate buckets of accessorial charges and develop plans to minimize
• Review detail gross margin report (which shows gross margin at the SKU, order and vendor level) to identify shipping margin issues where freight costs as % of sales exceed our standards
o Develop standards
o Develop reporting and provide oversight of these charges weekly/monthly
• Develop and provide oversight for all shipping revenue including analysis of YDG costs, shipping ‘pricing’ and free shipping minimums
• Analyze Parcel and Vendor Tariff proposals and assist with negotiations to achieve lower overall costs
• Analyze transportation network, looking for continuous improvement opportunities.
• Stay current with parcel and freight cost changes related to large package surcharges, over size, overweight surcharges and peak surcharges
• Four-year bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, transportation, transportation finance, or logistics preferred; or equivalent transportation and/or logistics experience.
• 3-5 years of experience with parcel and LTL transportation data analysis preferred.
• Proficiency with Extracting data, formatting data and manipulating data to complete goals
• Strong analytical skills; strategic and systematic thinker.
• Knowledge of parcel and freight rate pricing and billing structures a plus
• Strong organization skills with a strong attention to detail.
• Advanced in Microsoft Office products including MS Excel such as working with formulas, database tables, pivot charts, queries and custom functions
• Ability to work independently
• Passion for data analysis
• Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Tableau, NetSuite, SQL, and XML is a plus
Occasional travel between Walnut Creek, CA and Sacramento, CA locations