The UI Designer role is to research, concept and design amazing interactive programs that provide ease and enhancement to our customers’ eCommerce shopping experience while maintaining the unique qualities of each brand. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean yet creative design and possess the business acumen to translate high-level business requirements and UX design/wireframing into interaction flows, page designs, site features and individual elements – transforming them from concept into intuitive, valuable and functional user interfaces.
This role also requires candidates to have a working understanding of front-end code format and structure in order to marry intuitive design concepts with development architecture – sometimes pushing the boundaries and other times building efficiencies. Working closely with the UX Manager, the UI Designer should be open-minded to ideas and change as well as flexible, adaptable and receptive to feedback from all business stakeholders.
• Create clean, well-executed sketches, wireframes, designs and prototypes for a variety of user interface design specifications, including eCommerce page layouts and specific page or sitewide features
• Drive the research of industry and competitive research on UI best practices and potential solutions to UI challenges.
• Synthesize complex data and concepts into intuitive user interactions
• Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
• Translate requirements into effective user interfaces with consideration for business objectives
• Own UI design phase of project lifecycle; Partner successfully with business, UX, product management and engineering teams on designs and prototypes to ensure overall successful project outcomes.
• Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
• Ability to collaborate closely with product management and engineering in an agile environment to define and implement innovative solutions.
• Maintain, improve, and document UI brand standards for all website properties.
• Extend brand standards to all new UI design elements
• Present designs and key milestone deliverables to various stakeholders
The successful candidate will possess most, if not all, of these qualifications:
● 2-4 years of demonstrated experience in creating and implementing UI design, preferably in an eCommerce environment
● Strong understanding of fundamental design principles, including layout, color theory, typography, and visual weight.
● Online portfolio with specific examples of high-quality visual design work reflecting individual design thinking, teamwork, and impact on customers.
● Proficient with visual design programs such as Adobe Photoshop/XD, Sketch, Illustrator, InVision, UXPin, Quartz.
● Hands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, etc.
● Proven ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment to create top-performing interfaces
● Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deliverables efficiently
● Continued education and research into UI trends and current design strategy and technology
● Professional written and interpersonal skills
● A bachelor’s degree in web/graphic design, computer science, web development, or a related field, or 6-8 years of demonstrated experience and a strong portfolio without a degree.
Location: Sacramento, California
Compensation: Competitive base salary
Benefits: Access to Health Benefits + 401K + 3 weeks annual Paid Time Off (PTO) + 9 paid holidays
• Access to building gym
• Employee discount
About YDesign Group
YDesign Group is an online-led retailer offering the best in modern and contemporary lighting, furnishings, and decorative plumbing to design driven consumers and trade professionals. Our extensive, yet carefully curated selection ranges from iconic mid-century designs to today’s most innovative products.
Founded in 2001, YDesign Group’s YLighting is the leading design-driven modern and contemporary lighting retailer in North America, offering more than 15,000 of the top domestic and international product designs. In 2016, YDesign Group acquired Lumens, whose goal is to be the best place to shop for lighting, fans, modern furniture and accessories for people who love modern design.
Headquartered in Walnut Creek, CA, YDesign Group brands serve design savvy consumers and trade professionals through its websites, sales team, retail showroom in Sacramento, CA and catalogs.
Check us out here: