YDesign Group is a family of online-led retail brands offering the best in modern and contemporary lighting, fans, furniture and home décor accessories to design-driven consumers and trade professionals.
Our flagship brand YLighting launched in 2001 and is the foremost modern lighting retailer in North America. Our selection is expansive, but curated to offer the best in the industry, from top international brands, to emerging studios to iconic names in design. In 2016, YDesign Group acquired Lumens, a leading multi-channel retail brand in lighting, modern furniture, and home décor accessories. Together, the YDesign Group retail brands bring an unparalleled selection of modern design for retail consumers and trade professionals.
Our difference is our commitment to an incomparable customer experience, including expert advice from our in-house team of professionals, plus service, support, and inspiration throughout our customers’ projects.
Check us out here:
As a Vendor Account Manager, you will be a part of a highly capable team who is working to push our industry to work in ways it never thought possible. You will partner with our drop-ship vendors to develop a deep understanding of their operational processes and help them find ways to improve their operational efficiency while delivering a stellar purchasing experience to our mutual customers.
In this role, you’ll learn to use a diverse reporting toolset in Tableau and Excel. Also employ both your natural curiosity and ability to persuade to understand the operational challenges that our vendors face and to help them overcome them. You will also partner closely with several internal teams including Merchandising, Sales, and Customer Service, among others, to maintain a shared understanding of vendor performance and find creative solutions to challenging problems.
• Build strong relationships with vendor partners, learning about their operational strengths and limitations and pushing them to improve their service levels for our mutual clients.
• Monitor top-down performance reporting to identify vendors who are performing well or poorly regarding lead times, order updates, and EDI compliance with YDG’s Service Level Agreements.
• Monitor bottom-up order performance reporting regarding late/unconfirmed orders, following up with vendors to provide order status information to customers and enter the information into our systems as appropriate.
• Resolve and process data regarding order level exceptions including late/unconfirmed orders, EDI processing issues, and orders outside of vendor Service Level Agreements.
• Facilitate communication and troubleshooting with relevant parties for all vendor related problems
• Keen ability to distinguish internal versus external problem causes to properly focus the correct resources to resolve the issues quickly
• Exceptional prioritization skills to ensure timely resolutions that are appropriate for the severity and impact of the situation
• Proactively identify process improvements
• Results focused, able to handle multiple projects and priorities
• Continuous improvement mindset with the ability to understand data, think critically, identify opportunities, and execute against findings.
• Exceptional communication and collaboration skills to foster strong, cross-functional relationships
• Understanding of online shopping / e-commerce
• Ability to shift focus from tactical operations to long-term strategic planning
• Ability to self-supervise and drive material change within your portfolio of vendors
• Resourceful and self-driven with strong work ethic
• Strong analytical skills – able to organize data to identify opportunities
• Strong leadership skills to drive team to meet strategic and financial targets
• Minimum three years vendor management experience including purchase order management, vendor compliance management, inventory, and supply chain experience.
• BA/BS and/or at least 3 year of experience in B2B Ecommerce, Design, or Retail environment
• Prefer experience in operations, logistics, eCommerce and/or Supply Chain
• Experience with home furnishing brands, including furniture or lighting, a plus
• Proven record of being self-driven, fast learning, curious, and resourceful
• Can demonstrate a record of working effectively with cross-functional teams
• Working knowledge in Tableau, NetSuite, EDI and Excel
• Ability to quickly learn new computer systems/programs
• Experience in B2B negotiations, sales, or performance management is a big plus
• Experience working in E-retail, Design, or high-end customer service
• Comfortable multi-tasking across diverse computer programs + processes
• Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
Location: Sacramento, California