Lumens and YLighting comprise the YDesign Group family of online-led retail brands offering the best in modern and contemporary lighting, furniture, fans and home décor accessories to design-driven consumers and trade professionals.
Lumens.com, launched in 2004, is a leading online retail brand in lighting, modern furniture and home décor accessories. YLighting.com launched in 2001 and is the foremost modern lighting retailer in North America. Through both sites, our brands bring an unparalleled selection of modern design for retail consumers and trade professionals and have established YDesign Group as an ecommerce pioneer and leader in lighting and mid-market and luxury home goods.
Today, YDesign Group is a high-growth, innovative company at the forefront of good design. We’re looking for top talent with a shared vision around bringing the world’s best design products to discerning customers while seizing the opportunity to make a difference and impact the direction of the company. We are obsessed with our customers, play to win and believe in a great today and even better tomorrow. The future is bright at Lumens and YLighting.
Check us out here:
As a Vendor Onboarding Manager, you will be a part of a highly capable team who is working to push our industry to work in ways it never thought possible. This is a new position, and the ideal candidate will be part of creating the role and designing the vendor onboarding process, timelines, and expectations. You will partner with our drop-ship vendors to develop a deep understanding of their operational processes and collaborate with them to ensure they are onboarded as a Lumens vendor in accordance with contractual and vendor playbook expectations.
In this role, you’ll learn to use a diverse reporting toolset in Tableau and Excel. Also, you’ll employ both your natural curiosity and ability to persuade and understand the operational challenges that our vendors face and help overcome them. You will also partner closely with several internal teams including Merchandising, Sales, and Customer Service, among others, to maintain a shared understanding of vendor performance and find creative solutions to challenging problems.
• Project Management – efficiently manage the onboarding of multiple vendors, in the various stages of onboarding, while keeping stakeholders updated.
• Communicate with internal business partners the onboarding process, timelines, and resource availability.
• Review new vendor pipeline with merchants and set timelines for onboarding
• Establish contact with vendors and educate them on the onboarding process
• Manage vendors through the onboarding process, coordinating with internal stakeholders and subject matter experts to ensure vendors are onboarding and operating in accordance with contractual and vendor playbook expectations
• Perform hand off to appropriate vendor account manager
• Build strong relationships with vendor partners, learning about their operational strengths and limitations and pushing them to improve their service levels for our mutual clients.
• Facilitate communication and troubleshooting with relevant parties for all vendor related problems
• Keen ability to distinguish internal versus external problem causes to properly focus on the correct resources and resolve the issues quickly
• Exceptional prioritization skills to ensure timely resolutions that are appropriate for the severity and impact of the situation
• Proactively identify process improvements
• Results focused, able to handle multiple projects and priorities
• Attention to detail – does not let important details get missed
• Adaptability – Consistently exhibit optimism and energy. Willing to learn new skills and be flexible and calm in new situations.
• Continuous improvement mindset with the ability to understand data, think critically, identify opportunities, and execute against findings.
• Exceptional communication and collaboration skills to foster strong, cross-functional relationships
• Ability to shift focus from tactical operations to long-term strategic planning
• Ability to self-supervise and drive material change within your portfolio of vendors
• Resourceful and self-driven with strong work ethic
• Ability to work under tight deadlines with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Excellent planning and organization skills, ability to independently manage multiple small to medium scale projects from initiation through delivery
• Project and program management experience is preferred
• Strong analytical skills – able to organize data to identify opportunities
• Strong leadership skills to drive team to meet strategic and financial targets
Minimum Educational/ Experience Requirements:
• Minimum five years vendor management experience including purchase order management, vendor compliance management, inventory, and supply chain experience.
• Exceptional organizational and project management skills
• BA/BS and/or at least five years of experience in B2B Ecommerce, Design, or Retail environment
• Prefer experience in operations, logistics, eCommerce and/or Supply Chain
• Experience with home furnishing brands, including furniture or lighting is a plus
• Proven record of being self-driven, fast learning, curious, and resourceful
• Can demonstrate a record of working effectively with cross-functional teams
• Working knowledge in Tableau, NetSuite, EDI, and Excel
• Ability to quickly learn new computer systems/programs
• Experience in B2B negotiations, sales, or performance management is a big plus
• Experience working in E-retail, Design, or high-end customer service
• Comfortable multi-tasking across diverse computer programs + processes
• Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills