YDesign Group is a family of online-led retail brands offering the best in modern and contemporary lighting, fans, furniture and home décor accessories to design-driven consumers and trade professionals.
Our flagship brand YLighting launched in 2001 and is the foremost modern lighting retailer in North America. Our selection is expansive, but curated to offer the best in the industry, from top international brands, to emerging studios to iconic names in design. In 2016, YDesign Group acquired Lumens, a leading multi-channel retail brand in lighting, modern furniture and home décor accessories. Together, the YDesign Group retail brands bring an unparalleled selection of modern design for retail consumers and trade professionals.
Our difference is our commitment to an incomparable customer experience, including expert advice from our in-house team of professionals, plus service, support and inspiration throughout our customers’ projects.
Check us out here:
YDesign Group is seeking a Warehouse Associate. The Warehouse Associate is responsible for all aspects of warehouse functions including the receiving and processing of incoming stock and materials, order fulfillment: picking, packing, and shipping orders, processing of returns and managing and organizing stock of the items while maintaining the warehouse in a safe and orderly fashion.
You will work with our logistics team, customer service teams, carriers and directly with our customers. Keys to success include a passion for customer service, problem solving, and thorough knowledge of how the LTL industry works.
Located in Sacramento, CA and reporting to the Logistics Manager.
• Order fulfillment: pick, pack, and ship items in a timely manner
• Carefully handle and receive new inventory
• Accurately putting product in bin location
• Processing of returns
• Maintain clean and orderly work areas daily
• Clean outside areas
• Provide customer service coverage as needed
• Follows safety rules and reports unsafe working conditions to the rest of the team verbally and corrects issue immediately
• Timely and accurate order fulfillment– ships items from warehouse on time and accurately picks necessary inventory
• Carefully handles and receives new inventory
• Processing of returns per guidelines
Minimum Knowledge, Skillsets and Abilities Requirements:
• Must have extremely high attention to detail
• Warehouse/distribution center experience preferred
• Experience with picking, packing, and shipping orders
• Entry level experience in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook
• Entry level experience using warehouse management systems
• Electrical experience preferred
• Must have strong computer proficiency
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Problem solver
Culture / Personality Traits
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Self-motivated and able to work without close supervision
• Must be reliable and punctual
• Great team player
• Resourceful and self-driven work ethic
• Must embrace change and seek to continuously improve
• Has passion about being part of this company
• Frequent walking, standing, turning, talking, hearing, seeing, fingering on keyboard, repetitive work motions
• Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds independently
• Must be able to handle temperature extremes due to warehouse environment
• Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with fingers, and perceives attributes of objects and materials
• Close vision (clear vision at 30 inches or less)
• Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors)
• Ability to use a pallet jack and other heavy warehouse equipment
• Valid CA Driver’s license and clean driving record