YDesign Group is a family of online-led retail brands offering the best in modern and contemporary lighting, fans, furniture and home décor accessories to design-driven consumers and trade professionals.
Our flagship brand YLighting launched in 2001 and is the foremost modern lighting retailer in North America. Our selection is expansive, but curated to offer the best in the industry, from top international brands, to emerging studios to iconic names in design. In 2016, YDesign Group acquired Lumens, a leading multi-channel retail brand in lighting, modern furniture and home décor accessories. Together, the YDesign Group retail brands bring an unparalleled selection of modern design for retail consumers and trade professionals.
Our difference is our commitment to an incomparable customer experience, including expert advice from our in-house team of professionals, plus service, support and inspiration throughout our customers’ projects.
Check us out here:
YDesign Group is seeking a data-driven, experienced retail/web analyst to develop insights and reporting that will enable the Product Management team to make better decisions and support an innovative, test-and-learn culture across various site behaviors and results. This includes multiple touchpoints across channels and the ecommerce websites. This is an opportunity to quickly make an impact, be visible to the C-suite leadership and take on a new challenge at an exciting time at YDesign Group.
Located in Sacramento or Walnut Creek, CA or working remotely and reporting to the Director of Product Management, the Web Analyst will be both a strategic and hands-on resource for the team.
• Develop both standard and ad hoc reporting
• Ensure all web reporting is accurate and delivered in a timely manner
• Train teams on how to use these tools to build and pull reporting to support their functional areas
• Support QA and UAT for all new site updates for analytics continuity before and after releases
• Working with functional leaders, develop a best practice methodology for A/B testing, including set up, and measurement.
• Embrace new best practices and build a continuous improvement culture
The ideal candidate:
The ideal candidate will be passionate about using data-driven insights to improve business performance and the customer experience and will be able to work closely with various team members to develop meaningful analysis and reporting. S/he will have a background in online retail and a deep understanding of retail business drivers. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in progressive roles in analytic, possess data curiosity and the ability to turn answered questions into actionable recommendations.
• Strong team player who can work well with diverse teams
• Interacts with others in a positive manner
• Assists business partners to better understand the data and analytics behind the customer experience and business performance
• Inspires team members to innovate, take risks and continue to improve the quality and value of the work provided to both internal and external customers
• Builds relationships with internal business partners
• Obsessed with customers and getting it right for them
• Innovative thinker who can find opportunities for improvement in both the data and a deep understanding of our customers and their needs
• High attention to detail and accuracy
• Comfortable managing ambiguity, change and multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment; able to prioritize and manage competing demands
• Remains calm under pressure; comfortable addressing difficult situations
• Works both strategically and hands-on
• Demonstrates strong critical thinking with urgency and problem-solving skills
• Approaches tasks with optimism and a forward-thinking approach
• Willing to take strategic risks deployed via tests with structured metrics to continuously improve the program and find new wins
Minimum Educational/Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, analytics, data science or related field, or equivalent combination of experience and education
• Minimum 3 to 5 years in progressive analytics roles, including experience working in or leading a testing/ optimization program
• In-depth understanding of Adobe Analytics and hands-on experience with a testing tool (i.e. Adobe Target, Optimizely, Google Optimize) required; experience with Tableau (or other BI tools) and Google Analytics a plus
• Experience working in an online retail environment; experience with high-end, niche, or design-driven markets such as lighting or home furnishings a plus
• Strong oral and written communication skills