YDesign Group is a family of online-led retail brands offering the best in modern and contemporary lighting, fans, furniture and home décor accessories to design-driven consumers and trade professionals.
Our flagship brand YLighting launched in 2001 and is the foremost modern lighting retailer in North America. Our selection is expansive, but curated to offer the best in the industry, from top international brands, to emerging studios to iconic names in design. In 2016, YDesign Group acquired Lumens, a leading multi-channel retail brand in lighting, modern furniture and home décor accessories. Together, the YDesign Group retail brands bring an unparalleled selection of modern design for retail consumers and trade professionals.
Our difference is our commitment to an incomparable customer experience, including expert advice from our in-house team of professionals, plus service, support and inspiration throughout our customers’ projects.
Check us out here:
The UI Designer role is to research, concept and design amazing interactive programs that provide ease and enhancement to our customers’ eCommerce shopping experience while maintaining the unique qualities of each brand. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean, yet creative design and possess the business acumen to translate high-level business requirements and UX design/wireframing into interaction flows, page designs, site features and individual elements – transforming them from concept into intuitive, valuable and functional user interfaces.
This role also requires candidates to have a working understanding of front-end code format and structure in order to marry intuitive design concepts with development architecture – sometimes pushing the boundaries and other times building efficiencies. Working closely with the UX Manager, the UI Designer should be open-minded to ideas and change as well as flexible, adaptable and receptive to feedback from all business stakeholders.
• Create clean, well-executed sketches, wireframes, designs and prototypes for a variety of user interface design specifications, including eCommerce page layouts and specific page or sitewide features
• Drive the research of industry and competitive research on UI best practices and potential solutions to UI challenges.
• Synthesize complex data and concepts into intuitive user interactions
• Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user-friendliness to complex design roadblocks
• Translate requirements into effective user interfaces with consideration for business objectives
• Own UI design phase of project lifecycle; Partner successfully with business, UX, product management and engineering teams on designs and prototypes to ensure overall successful project outcomes.
• Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
• Ability to collaborate closely with product management and engineering in an agile environment to define and implement innovative solutions.
• Maintain, improve, and document UI brand standards for all website properties.
• Extend brand standards to all new UI design elements
• Present designs and key milestone deliverables to various stakeholders
The successful candidate will possess most, if not all, of these qualifications:
● 2-4 years of demonstrated experience in creating and implementing UI design, preferably in an eCommerce environment
● Strong understanding of fundamental design principles, including layout, color theory, typography, and visual weight.
● Online portfolio with specific examples of high-quality visual design work reflecting individual design thinking, teamwork, and impact on customers.
● Proficient with visual design programs such as Adobe Photoshop/XD, Sketch, Illustrator, InVision, UXPin, Figma.
● Hands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, etc.
● Proven ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment to create top-performing interfaces
● Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deliverables efficiently
● Continued education and research into UI trends and current design strategy and technology
● Professional written and interpersonal skills
● A bachelor’s degree in web/graphic design, computer science, web development, or a related field, or 6-8 years of demonstrated experience and a strong portfolio without a degree.
Location: Sacramento, California
Compensation: Competitive base salary
Benefits: Access to Health Benefits + 401K + 3 weeks annual Paid Time Off (PTO) + 9 paid holidays
• Access to building gym
• Employee discount